» equality

"Everybody, please come up onto the board, in an orderly fashion, and write your essay topic along with your name. No one can write an essay on the same topic."

I saw her walk up to the board and with a swift motion scribble feminism versus what people think it means.

A cough muffled with tainted words came from the back of the room. Feminazi.

Her head snapped up from the board and laid eyes upon the student who spilled hate out of their gums. "You don't believe in equality? Let me break it down for you, mister. Feminism, as defined by the dictionary, means the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. And if you think that women should work at the same pace as a man, in the same position, and not get paid the full one hundred, then you're being unequal. You're discriminating against women. If you think that a woman should be governed by men's rules, not even dared to use her own mind, then you're disgusting. If you think that a woman should only exist for the sole purpose of picking up for your trash and giving birth to boys that grow up to be like you, then I hope for the love of humanity that you don't spread your genetics. Being a feminist does not mean that you're above anyone else. It means I stand on this stool and so do you. It means I say a word and so do you. It means I can drive and so can you. It means I can make myself a meal and damn sure so can you.

Anyone who ever says the lines of 'women are better than men' is not a feminist. Okay? Feminists do not hate men. Why? Because wouldn't that be just hypocritical of them? I wish there will be a moment in society, in history where someone can say

   "Hi, I am a feminist.

   No, I don't hate men.

   No, I don't think men are evil.

   No, I don't think all men are rapists.

   Yes, I want equality for all.

   Yes, I am a feminist."

Society has tarnished this word. It has consumed it with lies and fed it to the brim. Feminists who are women don't hate girls with skinny legs and a tan. We don't hate make-up. We don't hate girls who like to dress up to impress others. We don't hate. When will you understand?"