Chapter 20 - Damn you Varka! Kaeyaaaaa!

Hello my fellow readers, writers, players, adventurer's and dear Traveller's. Here is another new chapter for my book. I'm very happy with how much this book has come.

I hope that this chapter will be to your liking and also give my best wishes for those of you who are wishing for new characters and weapons. I hope you have a fun time playing the game like the rest of us.

I don't have much to say at this time since I have stayed up late to write this chapter so I'm quite tired.

So, please leave a vote and comment and keep on supporting my book.

And without further adieu, here is the chapter.
--------------------------------------------

"Here you go." I said as I placed the batch of ore for Wagner.

"Thanks kid." Wagner said before he went back to smithing.

I nodded as I walked away and exchanged smiles with Katheryn. It has been two days since me and Katheryn spent half a day together and it isn't an exaggeration to say that we have become quite close. I talk with her from time to time whenever I get the chance.

On that note I do need to deliver a few papers to Jean for her work. It looks like she doesn't remember what happened as kid Jean which I am sad about but I didn't say anything about it and decided not to delve into it.

I made my way to the HQ as I met Amber and Noelle on the way as I entered the building. Then I reached her office and entered to find her doing her work, again.

God she needs to get some rest.

"Here is the report from the guards. They gave me this to give to you." I said as I put the papers there.

"Thanks." Jean said not taking her eyes of her work.

I just sighed at her behaviour and was about to walk away when an idea came to my mind. I had read that when a person is soo focused on one thing then when they are asked something they say it truthfully. I have no idea if it is actually true but it wouldn't hurt to try it.

"So Jean, do you like cats?" I asked her acting nonchalant.

"Yes." Jean immediately said as she kept on working.

"Did you enjoy playing with the cat's at Cat's Tail?" I asked acting the same as I have my eyes on her.

"Yes." Jean said immediately causing my eyes to widen.

Does this mean she remembers it? She doesn't seem to have registered what I asked her and seems to be answering out of instinct or something. Alright, the moment of truth. I have to ask this question here and now.

"Jean, do you remember the time when we walked around Mondstadt as you had become a kid and when you called me by a name? Can you call me that again?" I asked her as I gulped a bit.

"Yes Mr. Knight." Jean said as my eyes widened.

She remembers it!

Just then Jean stops as her eyes widened with a look of realisation as she raises her head and looks at me with a shocked face.

"Lu-Luciel. Wh-What are you doing here?" Jean said flustered as she blushed.

"I was just here to deliver a few letters. So, you do remember." I said with a cheeky smile.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Please leave I have to do my job." Jean said with a blush as she went back to writing.

Except I snatched her pen before she could write.