Chapter 31 - First Obstacle

Hello my fellow readers, writers, players, adventurer's and Traveller's. I have come with another chapter for this book.

I won't say too much and I'm sorry it took so long to publish but I was a bit busy with my exams and well, playing games, writing other fics and reading fanfiction, and watching YouTube.

That being said, I loved Fontaines new area. By the way, how many of you got Neuvillette on his banner?

And how many of you are pulling for the other three characters? Tell it in the comments here.

And so without without further adieu, let the chapter begin.
-------------------------------------------------

The three of us went down the gap in the ruins and found another ruin or ancient place with a stone tablet and a mechanism there. There is also a place to light a fire. I also saw carvings on the stone that seemed to mark a boundary and in the middle a stairway to a closed part of the ruins.

"This is quite interesting." Fischl said as she looked around.

"Yeah. This must be from the time of Sal Vindagnyr." I said as I looked around.

"Was that the civilization that flourished here before it's ruin?" Fischl asked me as I looked at her.

"Yeah. Apparently it was during or after the Archon War. The time isn't quite clear." I said to her as I looked at the tablet.

I walked to the stone tablet and kneeled in front of it as I looked at it as I squinted my eyes.

"Are you able to decipher it?" Fischl asked as I heard her standing behind me.

"No. I don't think so." I said as I looked at it and touched it.

I honestly didn't know the language that this is but my eyes widened as I looked at it.

"...its soul, and Starsilver its bones. But the one who could wield it, the ice-breaking outlander, Imunlau..." I heard in a whisper as I looked at it with wide eyes.

Did I just hear those words from the tablet? What the hell?

But then the carvings on the stone tablet lit up surprising the three of us as I watched it with wide eyes. Then one of the carvings on the stone lit up right after catching our attention.

 Then one of the carvings on the stone lit up right after catching our attention

"It lit up. But why did it light up like this?" Oz asked as he flew beside us.

"I honestly don't know." I said to him as I looked at the tablet.

"Hmm. There appears to be seven more carvings of this nature. Perhaps, to venture into that place we have to complete this ancient puzzle." Fischl said as she looked at the stones and then at the sealed doorway.

"Sure looks like it. Well, we are going to be exploring Dragonspine to find more of those stones so we might as well also keep our eyes peeled for the stone tablets as well." I said to her as she nodded.