Chapter 24 - Another Step in Power and Getting Two More

Hello my fellow readers, writers, players, adventurer's and Traveller's! Here is the new chapter for this book.

I didn't get Yoimiya from the banner and I don't want Alhaitham and I have Kazuha. Anyways, there is a rumour in the net that Eula will have her banner and I've gone a long while without getting any Five Star Character in the Event wishes so I'm hoping that if her banner does come then I can get her considering how rare of a character she is.

I wish all of you who are trying to get the other characters good luck.

And say, this idea has been in my mind for sometime now so, should I make a certain snake of Ouroboros as a partner of MC. The character will of course be from Teyvat, so do tell your opinions to me in the comments.

And now without further adieu let the chapter begin!
-------------------------------------------------

I was now at the church for the funeral for Zane. I was dressed in casual clothes and the nuns were there as well. Many of them were crying for his death. There were also adventurers, knights and civilians there. Eula is also present as she is standing beside me on my left side while Varka, Jean and Kaeya are watching over the proceedings. Lisa is standing on my right side as we watched it. I also spotted Amber and Noelle inside the small crowd.

My face stayed the same throughout it as I watched the funeral and heard the Cardinal Seamus Pegg, Jean and Barbara's father is praying for him. I also spotted their mother Frederica who is also present but I didn't much care about their presence at the moment.

After the prayer was done his coffin was put inside the burial hole and then filled with mud as I prayed for him as well. After that the people started to go away and soon enough me, Eula, Lisa, Jean, Kaeya, Varka, Rosaria, Barbara and her parents were the ones left.

The one from the knights looked at me with worried eyes as I looked at the place he was buried. Then I sighed to myself before I looked at the two girls beside me.

"I'll be going out of the city for a bit." I said to them.

"Alright, take care." Eula said to me.

"I wish to also say the same." Lisa said to me as well.

"Thanks. Bye." I said before walking away.

I made eye contact with the rest of the others before I went on my way. When I was going down the second flight of stairs I saw Diluc leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. I stopped walking as he opened his eyes and looked at me with his serious face.

"I heard about what happened with Zane. My condolences." Diluc said to me with a serious face.

"No problem. I'm just about to go out of the city for a bit." I said to him.

"That's a good decision. It will help you to calm your mind." Diluc said with a nod.

After that I was on my way and walked through the city. I passed Mondstadters who gave me sad looks and words of encouragement as I made my way out of the city. Then I crossed the bridge and went to the Whispering Woods and after I was a good distance inside the forest I saw the only one from the Fatui hideout that was left alive.

"I'm glad to see that you did as I told you." I said to Polina who jolted in surprise at my words.

"Oh yes! I'm on time right!? Please don't hurt me!" Polina pleaded as she clasped her hands.

"Did you do what I told you to do?" I said to her a bit irritated.

"Y-Yes! I told them that it was a mysterious man who killed them!" Polina said to me.