Chapter 36 - The Talk with Buddha and His Task

"You, wha, huh?" I said shocked and stupefied as I looked at the man.

Buddha has his hair tied in a bun thought it seems like platinum blonde while his eyes are deep dark blue. He is also very well built and he is wearing blue tank top with the words Nirvana on it with a rabbit symbol on it. As for the clothes covering his lower half, I don't know much about it. He is also barefooted as well.

Buddha chuckled at my reaction as he sat on the lotus cross legged with a calm smile on his face.

"Hey kid, I'm sure you're very confused so take some time to calm down. Remember what I said." Buddha said to me with a smile.

R-Right, I have to calm myself down.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down and looked at him as I looked over the man.

"So... You're Buddha. The actual mythical Gautama Buddha?" I asked him using his name.

"Yes. Born a prince and now a Divine Being." Buddha said with a smile on his face.

"I see. Are you the reason I was transported to Teyvat so suddenly?" I asked her after a few seconds.

"That would be correct." Buddha said with a smile.

"Why? Not that I'm complaining but why did you do that?" I asked him after contemplating it.

"Well, you are a guy who likes this world very much and on top of that you are a good person so I didn't see any problems with doing that. You are also a normal person which is quite rare amongst your fandom due to how unique they are. And from how I'm seeing your life in Teyvat is, you don't regret it either. Especially with your escapades with the ladies." Buddha said with a smile on his face with a teasing tone at the end.

Well, I can understand his worry about the fandom since they can be very intense so to speak. Though his final sentence did make me embarrassed

"Yeah. I guess so." I said as I felt embarrassed.

"I'm glad to hear that. And as for your family, don't worry, I made a clone of you and placed you there so it's like you never left." Buddha said to me with a smile.

My eyes widened when I registered his words as I looked at him in shock.

"What, you didn't think I'd be that cruel did you?" Buddha asked me with a smirk on his face.

"I guess you wouldn't. But... Why did you wait all this time to bring me here since I think you could've done it whenever you wanted?" I asked him a bit confused.

"Well, I first wanted you to get used to Teyvat and also wanted to see how you would react to being sent to a new World and I'm happy to see that you don't see them as just game characters and you see them as real people." Buddha said to me with a smile.

"Yeah well, I guess I am an empathetic person." I said to him as I scratched my head.

"Yes. I am also happy to know that you actually trained your body to get stronger and also how you had found out how to draw on your spiritual energy on your own." Buddha said to me with a smile.

"Ah yes, but my body is much stronger than when I was back on Earth. Was that also your doing?" I asked him as I remembered it.

"More or less. Your body is a bit weaker than a normal human being due to your body not getting the necessary nutrients which hindered its growth as well. What I did was rejuvenate your body and removed negative traits in it and made you a perfectly healthy one." Buddha said with a smile.

"I... Thank you. I am very happy to hear that. But that still doesn't explain how I was able to break that wood so easily?" I asked him after thanking him.