Chapter 32: Forming a Team

You now found yourself standing in the middle of a ring with no audience. All of the gods with the exception of Vegeta, Whis, and Shin had all left to return to their own Universes.

Kosumi stood in front of you, in awe that someone could give her such a good fight.

Y/N: Phew...that was a great fight! Despite the fact that we were both restricted to base form, I can't remember the last time I had to rely on pure skill to try to win. I'm used to being so much stronger than everybody else.

Kosumi: Heh, I suppose we both share that problem. Where I'm from, it's the exact same way.

Y/N: How convenient, it's almost like it was meant to be.

You then raised your fist and offered it to Kosumi. She was confused at first, but then you gave her a proud smile and spoke

Y/N: I'm expecting a Rematch! Next time we can go all out and truly settle the score! No exposition rules and no restrictions!

Kosumi: Of course, you can count on it!

With that, the two of you shared a friendly fist bump. Looking into each others' eyes with excitement as she then pulled her fist away and waved you goodbye.

Kosumi: Well...it's been fun, but I have things to attend to. I'm sure you do as well. Until next time, Celestial Saiyan Y/N!

And just like that, she was gone in a flash. Putting your fist down, you felt a chill of excitement go down your spine. You haven't felt this excited to fight somebody in years.

Y/N: Until next time, Cosmic Saiyan, Kosumi.

Meanwhile, Vegeta watched and reflected on your battle as your friends debated about it. None of them could tell who had the upper hand throughout the fight.

Akko: So who was winning?? I know Y/N got disqualified, but before that, I couldn't tell...

Ruby: I'm pretty sure Kosumi had him on the ropes, but Y/N did put up a good fight.

Issei: What?! No way! Y/N was winning that fight, no discussion!

Midoriya: You're both wrong. I examined them both very carefully...and not a single clean blow was landed on either side. Sure they threw each other around a bit, but that's it. No blasts hit, no physical attacks like punches or kicks made contact, nothing. They were both completely even, and I think Y/N knows this.

Vegeta: You're right. You can keep up with beings more powerful than even the Gods. I'm impressed, kid.

Midoriya: A-Actually, I'm in my early twenties now.

Vegeta: Well you're still a child compared to me.

Midoriya: I-I guess that's fair...