XiaoHenYang

little:

Yangyang

The sunlight burst into the room, waking up the residents of the neat room. Xiaojun opens his eyes slowly, yawning silently and stretching his sore limbs. The male turned to his side but then his body jump in shock when he spotted a figure curling just next to him.

A smile crept up his face when he saw his baby first thing in the morning. The male brought up his hand to softly caress those soft strands. But soon, his smile was replaced with a frown. "Hendery?" He called out for Hendery who coincidentally walk past his door earlier. "Oh, you're awake?"

Without saying anything, the older grabs his hand and places it on the younger's forehead and they both change the looks of worry. Yangyang was burning. That explains why he was very quiet in his little space yesterday. "I'll set the bath." Xiaojun nods with a 'thanks' as Hendery walks away.

"Baby..?" He calls out softly as he brushes his hair back in an attempt to wake the little up. The movement makes the baby whimper as he was feeling very, very uncomfortable.

"Papa..", he whines with a raspy voice, eyes glossy as he squirms around. "Papa, Yangie feels icky.." Xiaojun cooed worriedly. "Poor my baby.. You must feel awful, hm?" The baby nods, curling to a ball. A few minutes later, Hendery comes in. "Yangie, let's take a bath, baby?"

Hearing the word 'bath', Yangyang started to whine once again. "No wan, baba. C- cold.." His response makes the older sighs silently before crouching down and trying to convince the younger softly. "I know, but we need to lower your temperature, baby."

And after a few minutes of convincing, Hendery finally gets the younger to take a bath (after promising a tub of ice cream once he has recovered). But just to remind you, Yangyang is still a sick baby in his little space. The moment the water come in contact with his skin, the poor boy started to wail. "Baba! No wan'..", he sobs and that makes Hendery feels a tad bit guilty.

"I'm sorry, baby. Baba swears it's going to be a fast bath, okay?" And the bathroom was echoing with the little's sniffles and his caregiver's soft apologies and praises. A few minutes after, they finally stepped out with Yangyang hugging Hendery tightly, the caregiver coaxing him silently as he held the baby securely in his arms.

The little was changed into a unicorn pyjama and laid his head on his Baba's lap as the male dry his hair. "All done. Good boy, Yangie!" The older praised as he kissed the younger's head. The baby coughs lightly, whimpering in discomfort as he snuggles to his Baba. "You're done?"

"Papa.." The sick boy whines as he makes a grabby hand towards the older. Xiaojun smiles as he picks the boy up, "Let's eat, hm? I made some porridge.", he said lovingly. Yangyang snuggles to his neck, letting the older carried him to bed.

After putting him down, Hendery walks in behind him with a tray of warm chicken porridge and medicines. The TV was turned on, playing Schnappi The Crocodile which is the boy's favourite show. He watches it silently as he has Xiaojun feeding him and Hendery wiping the stains from his lips.

"No mwore.." The little mumbles after taking a sip of water. Well, at least he was eating. Xiaojun then reached for one thing that made the male scrunched his face. Medicine. But before he even got a chance to complain, "If you didn't eat it, your condition will be going nowhere love. Listen to Papa, will you?" The sentence made Yangyang pout.

Seeing this, Hendery picks him up and holds him close. "You're a big boy, right? Big boy is not afraid of medicine." He bops the baby's nose softly. "Yangie.. Yangie big boy." For the next few minutes, Hendery giggles every time the baby hides at the nook of his neck after a sip of medicine.

"There you go, good job!" The older praised after Yangyang finish his last sip, face scrunching at the bitterness that he forces himself to swallow. "Now, you should rest, hm? Call us if you need anything." Xiaojun says as he helps Hendery tucks the sick boy to bed. The two caregivers give the baby whose eyes are getting droopy a soft kiss on his head. "Get well soon, baby."

"You shouldn't get too close, ge. You- might catc' cowd.." The younger mumbles as he slipped in and out of his headspace, trying to tell his worry for the older but his little self wants nothing but for the two to take care of him. The two smiled. "We won't, okay?" Xiaojun nods to Hendery's words, assuring the younger. "All we want is for our baby to be happy and healthy again. Now, rest, okay Yangie?"

The younger sighs before mumbling a soft 'okay'. The drugs finally took a toll on his body and the boy fell into deep sleep, making the caregivers smile and leave the room silently. As they were stepping out, Hendery takes out a pack of vitamin C from his hoodie's pocket and handed it to the older. His action makes Xiaojun raise his eyebrow in confusion but Hendery just gestures to him to take it.

" You know, for your immunity?" And that successfully burst a peal of laughter from Xiaojun. "You're being silly." He ruffles the male's hair before walking away. Hendery just shrugged his shoulder before popping one of the vitamins into his mouth. But in just a matter of seconds, the male unexpectedly comes back and reaches the supplement in his hands. "You know what? Give me that."

🍼

"Mowning, Baba!" The baby's squeals are like an alarm clock that wakes Hendery up in the morning. And he didn't hate it tho. Especially when it comes to his cute giggles and babbles. "Morning, buddy. How are you feeling?" He asked hoarsely as he hugs the baby, snuggling him. "Yangie's good! All than' to Baba Papa!" The baby happily chirped. After three days, Yangyang was back in his best shape and that genuinely makes them all happy. As long as the little is happy.

"Wake up, Hendery. Yangyang offers himself to accompany you for grocery shopping. It's your turn this week." That thought alone makes him groan. No, not for the part that Yangyang was tagging along but the having to go for errands part.

Xiaojun could only chuckle at his behaviour as he reached for his pillow that was scattering on the floor and threw it towards Hendery to wake him up. The little burst into a fit of laughter, wanting to catch his Papa but Hendery was holding him down, snuggling to his sweet candy scent which makes the little give up. "Baba?" Hendery hums lazily, almost dozed off to sleep if he's being honest. "Ice cream?"