NoRen

little :

༊Jeno༊

(requested: @chlorophylliaa )

Ever since Mark graduated, Jeno unofficially became the leader of NCT Dream. No, it was not that he was appointed to be the leader but seeing how broken they were during the graduation, he just had the urge to protect the members till his turn to graduate came. He doesn't want anyone to hurt his members anymore so he stood up and leads them, taking the responsibility silently. 

Well, let's say, if Mark is the leader, then he's just a captain. But slowly, the title given started to consume him little by little. "I barely even touch you, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" Chenle scowls as Jisung launch himself at the smaller. "Oh come on, don't act dumb! You're the one who broke my console and now I'm the bad guy?! The least you could do is apologize, you--" 

"SHUT IT! BOTH OF YOU!" The stern, loud voice stops the two from their fight, both turning pale as they witness how sharp Jeno's gaze is, piercing right into their soul. His chest heaves up and down as he eyes the two youngest, his aura is so strong that everyone witnessing him can feel how angry he is. 

Well, that is the thing. Jeno and angry are two words that could never be blended together. But right now, right before their eyes, they witness how the Lee Jeno is when he's angry and to be honest, it's hella scary. "What are you, five? Can you just stop coming for each other's throat for one fuckin second?!" The two flinch at the high tone, looking down with guilt and fear. 

Seeing the situation, Jaemin picked up his courage and slowly slid his hand against the broad shoulder. "Hey, calm down. I know it's their fault and they realize it too, okay?" He said softly, massaging the muscles, hoping that he could calm the older down. It worked, thankfully. Jeno finally gets a grip on himself. God, his mind was a mess and he was overwhelmed with every little thing. What had happened to him..? 

In the midst of the chaos, Renjun observed the situation and silently caught the confused look in Jeno's eyes. "I- I need some time alone.." Jeno sighs before walking his way to his room, closing it behind him and leaving all of them confused. "Did- did we go too far..?" Chenle asks silently, honestly still scared of what he's witnessed just now. "A bit, yes. But there's also something off about Jeno today." Jaemin sighed, hoping that he could help his best friend but he was not sure how. 

"Let me talk to him." Renjun silently stands up, walking towards the other's room, ignoring the members' gazes. He opens the door carefully, stepping inside and inviting himself to sit next to Jeno who's burying his face into his pillow. Renjun was soft. He runs his hair against the other's strands without saying anything, feeling how his muscles tense at first but relax after a while. 

Jeno melts in the other's touch, leaning into his soft strokes as he reveals his face to the other. They stay silent, not a word exchange, just some soft gestures to know that they are here for each other. Renjun is the first one to break the silence. "How about we take a warm bath, hm? To help you clear your mind." Jeno stays silently before mumbling, "Yeah.. That sounds nice." 

And for some reason, Jeno confused himself as to why he let Renjun bathe him. There's this voice in his head that shouts for him to snap out of it yet his whole body refuses. So he just closed his eyes, putting those voices on mute and letting himself comfortable in his zone. After he finished bathing, Renjun dried his hair. Jeno placed his head on the older's lap as he plopped down on the floor, Renjun settling on the bad and blowing his hair dry while humming a soft lullaby. 

"Jeno?" The other answered with a soft hum, feeling lightheaded and sleepy. "I want to ask you something- well, kinda sensitive." Jeno stayed silent for a bit before nodding his head, indicating the Chinese to proceed with his question. "Have you.. ever considered yourself as a little?" The question makes Jeno's eyes widen, immediately straightening his body. 

"What? n- no! Where- where do you even get that i-idea?" Renjun raised an eyebrow at the younger, secretly amused to see how his face turned bright red immediately despite of him denying it. "Come on, Lee Jeno. It's not that I've just met you yesterday--" But his words were cut short when he saw the tears pooling at the brim of the blonde's eyes. 

"No no no, don't cry! I'm sorry.." Renjun followed his instinct and immediately scooped the other up, kinda startled when he immediately buried his face against his shoulder, sobbing silently. He coaxed him softly, bounced his body and caressed his back until his cries died down. He carefully laid down on the bed, cuddling Jeno who seemed so soft and vulnerable at the moment. 

"I want to take care of you guys.." He sniffles. "I know. And we're thankful for that. But it's okay to feel weak too, Jeno. You don't have to fight this alone. We are here for you just like how you're here for us. We will never judge you- look. It's fine if you're a little. We will accept you for who you are, okay?" The blonde closed his eyes as he accepted a soft kiss on his forehead. 

Renjun was right. Before, he was just scared. Scared of what might happen, scared of all the consequences. But right now, he feels so safe and he wants to feel it more. He wants to be able to feel safe even in his little space and his only safe place at the moment is them. His members. "I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I was just stuck in my middle space and it was so frustrating and then they started to argue and-" 

"You're just trying to protect the little you and that's okay," Renjun reassured, nuzzling his fluffy hair as he soothed his back. "You can slip if you want now." Finally, Jeno let himself go, feeling as if he was floating between the clouds but this time, he felt safer. "Than' chu, baba.." Renjun was shocked to hear that but as he looked down, the little was already fast asleep, looking so pure like a real baby. It was surprising how fast his little self accepted him and that made him feel so happy.  

A loving smile crept up his face as he kissed the crown of his head softly. "Anything for you, angel."

🍼

Jeno opened his eyes feeling small, the first face that greeted him was Jaemin who was also asleep. Wait, it's his papa now. It's been a year since he came out to the members and they all accept him happily. Now, he has everyone babying him every time his little self decides to come out. He was beyond happy and thankful for everything. "You're awake, angel?" Jaemin's voice broke him out of his thoughts. "Mowning, papa.", he said with the brightest smile on his face.