MarkHyuck

little :

༊Mark, Haechan༊

"Ish minee!" Haechan screams as he keeps on tugging the plushie, trying to get it off his friend's arms. "But I hab it fewst!" Mark screams back, holding onto the toy tight, preventing the other from winning it. "Hey hey, what is going on here?" Johnny steps in after hearing the ruckus from the outside of their playroom. 

There we go again. Whenever this duo slipped, they were always bickering. Either it's because of toys, snacks, or even their caregiver's attention.

"Hyuckie wan that!" The little whine, pointing at the toy in his mate's arms. Johnny sighs softly, looking at the two. "Markie? What have daddy said?" The little pouts and look down. "But Markie no wan to share.." The statement makes the older sighs again, massaging his temple. 

"Hyuckie, there's so many toys in this room. How about you play with another one, hm?" Johnny tries to negotiate with the younger but instead of calming down, he throws another tantrum. "No! Hyuckie wan Mr. Rabbit!"

"Oh lord, save me." Johnny ruffles his hair, trying to find a solution to stop the cold war between the two. In the end, he fishes out his phone and calls someone. "Hello? Hyung, what's up?"

"Hey. Jaemin, are you free? Can you pick up Mark? I was thinking of letting him spend some times with the Dreamies, if you guys are fine with it, of course." 

A chuckle was heard from the other side. "Are they fighting again?" Another high-pitched scream was enough to answer Jaemin's question. "Yup. They are." Johnny's lips are tucked into a straight line as he witnesses how Taeyong and Doyoung are trying their best to coax both littles. "Be there in 5."

And just like that, in 5 minutes, Jaemin is already in front of the door with Jeno. "Hi, hyung!" The latter gives a pity look as he sees how tired Johnny looks. "Hey. Sorry if we burden you or something." 

"No no, it's okay. They are our littles too, you know?" Jeno chuckles, taking off his shoes before going in to fetch the little. As soon as they enter the playroom, they can feel a tense atmosphere as Mark plays at one end and Haechan plays at the other end of the room. Jeno just shook his head, went to ruffle Haechan's hair and kissed his cheek before picking Mark up. 

"Come on, baby. You're coming with us, okay?" Mark's eyes shone as he nodded happily, hugging his caregiver as he was taken away while Haechan just watched silently, hiding how his heart felt empty when his mate was taken away. Jaemin stops by to give a gentle kiss on the other's forehead. 

"We'll play with Hyuckie next time, okay?" Haechan just gives a small smile and a nod before continuing to play. It's okay, it's alright. Now he has all the toys for himself! He tries to convince himself and continue playing, Jaehyun taking care and playing along with him but it just feels not right.

🍼

It was raining. Quite heavily, if you ask me. Little Haechan sits in front of the sliding door, watching as the rain patters down onto the ground. Haechan loves rain. But still, he is worried. He silently made his way to his main caregiver's door, opening it slowly to reveal Johnny reading on his bed. 

"Daddy.." The soft voice caught Johnny's attention, humming before signalling the little to come close. His smile grew wider as he saw how small Haechan looked, waddling towards him before climbing his bed and wiggling his way under his arms. "Yes, baby? What's wrong?" He asks softly, placing a loving kiss on his temple. 

"Where Markie? It's waining, he mush be cowd.." He asks silently, playing with his fingers. "Markie is with your Dreamies hyungs, baby. He'll be fine." 

"But- but Mr Lion ish here! He fowgot to bwing it and- and Markie no sweep without Mr Lion.." The little explain, showing the lion plushie in his hand that he has been carrying all this time. Johnny cooed silently, hugging the the little tighter. "Well, you want to give it back to Markie?"

The little shakes his head, confusing the older. "Wan Markie stay.." Johnny chuckles, knowing how close the two are. Yes, they might be fighting all the time, even outside of their headspace. But at the end of the day, they always find each other and honestly, their bond is nothing but pure wholesome. 

"Okay. We'll fetch Markie, yeah?" Just after Johnny said those words, the doorbell echoed throughout the house. Johnny gets out of bed and goes to open the door, followed by Little Haechan. The sight of Renjun with Little Mark sniffling in his arms greets them as soon as they open the door. 

Seeing the little crying worries Haechan. "Hyung, we forgot his lion plushie and he won't stop crying because of it. Sorry for the inconvenience." But to their own surprise, Mark wriggled out of Renjun's hold and immediately hugged Haechan. 

"Markie, no cwy.." Little Haechan tries his best to coax the other, hugging him tight and soothing his back. The caregivers cooed, relieved that they had made up now. 

"You know, sometimes I forget that Haechan is the first child and Mark is the last child." Renjun chuckled, crossing his arms as he watched the wholesome moment. "Well, I guess he would want to stay. I'll take my leave now." The Chinese beams a smile before taking his leave.

"See? Mr. Lion ish safe with me!" Haechan smiles as he hands his little mate's favourite toy, caressing his hair as he takes it in his arms. "Tan' chu, Hyuckie.." Johnny smiles and crouches down, ruffling both' hair softly. "Now, now. It's your nap time. Go upstairs while I make you some milk, okay?" The littles nod, making their way to their room. 

🍼

Johnny entered the room and the scenery immediately made him smile. Haechan was safely spooning Mark, having the other little fast asleep, snuggled against his chest while he, himself, also found his own way to his dreamland. 

"Seems like they don't need their milk." Johnny chuckled and placed the bottle on the nightstand, giving both little a delicate kiss on their forehead. "Sweet dreams, soulmates~" And he closed the light, letting the two enjoy their sleep with the soft sound of the rain, swallowed in each other's warmth. Yeah, they might fight. But in the end, they are all that they need.