SungTaro

little :

Shotaro

A loud thunder resonates in the sky after lightning. The booming sound was so loud that it woke Shotaro up from his slumber in fear. Shotaro was never a fan of thunderstorms whether in little space or out of it. The latter's breath shortened as he closed his eyes tightly.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's fine. Nothing's gonna happen." He chanted to calm himself down, curling into a ball under his blanket before another lightning struck again, creating a load thunder once again echoing in the space. The wind was howling wildly and Shotaro was scared to death that he unknowingly regress to a younger age.

Cautiously, the male peeked out of the fort and a tear finally falls down his cheeks when he realised that there was a power outage and right now, it's just so dark and quiet. The little was so scared because he was left with only Sungchan since the Dreamies are away for the world tour. And that's when it clicked him.

"Papa.." The baby wiped his tears dry, building up his courage to go to his caregiver's room which is just across from his. Carefully, the boy sets one shaky foot on the ground before being followed by the other. He brings himself out and calms himself by singing 'Doggy Policeman' in his mind. The boy gulps his own bitter saliva as he stepped outside.

And just when he thought that he was safe, the sound of something falling to the ground surprised him that he immediately scrambled under the table. Not enough with that, another thunder rumbles loudly, scaring the boy that he starts to sob. "M' sowwy, me bad boy, m' sowwy, please no huwt me." He chanted repeatedly, thinking that the thunder was actually angels trying to take away the naughty kids, a tale he was told when he was little. But instead, he could hear a very soft voice.

"Sho? Baby, is that you?" "Papa..?" He whispers softly under his breath. "Hey, baby, it's okay. Don't be scared. Do Papa a favour, will you?" The little sniffles but listen silently to the instructions. "Say something, baby. I can't find you, my battery was drained. If you're too scared, make any noise so that I can find you." The baby gulps, crawling out of his hiding place slowly.

"Pa..", he could hear some shuffles so he gropes around to find anything to guide the younger. That's when he feels one of his squeaking toys on the floor. "Good. That's good, Sho, keep going." A smile was drawn on Sungchan's face as he followed the guide of the squeaking sound.

And finally, he can feel a figure and immediately pulled the older into his hold. "I got you. Sh, Papa got you, don't be scared..", he coaxes softly as he hugs the shaking boy, rocking the small figure in an attempt to calm him down while the little regressing slowly.

"Let's grab a torchlight, hm?" The younger gives Shotaro a light kiss on his forehead before standing up with the baby clinging to him. His hand slapped around to find his own way towards the kitchen. After rummaging into the cupboard, they finally found the torchlight that luckily is still working. The source of light brings Shotaro to ease again. Having his Papa by his side is also an adding point.

"See? No more dark." Sungchan smiled before giving a soft kiss on the baby's cheek. "How old is my angel?" Shotaro thinks for a while before sticking out three fingers. "You're three? Are you sure?" The baby nods eagerly which makes his caregiver laugh. "Then you're so clever! High five."

The little proudly gains his high five, forgetting his fear earlier. The duo make their way to the living room after finding the little's dummy and otter plushies. The little settles on his caregiver's lap and rests his back against the other's chest. He turned random tunes and played with the taller's fingers happily, feeling safe in his caregiver's hold.

"Papa, rabbit?" Sungchan giggles at the cute requests before proceeding to make a rabbit using the shadow. That simplest thing is all it takes to make the baby awe silently, fascinated by how the other manages to form animals with just his fingers.

"And then, there's a doggie!" Sungchan sings-song playfully, laughing along with the baby. They played with the shadows for a while, sometimes flinching at the thundering noise but Sungchan always find a way to calm his baby down. They stay close to each other, hoping for the storm to calm down but it seems like it wouldn't in the nearest future.

Slowly, the little starts to get sleepy and rubs his eye gently. "Papa.." "You're sleepy, baby?" , and just then, another thunder booms in the sky, scaring the older that he hides in the other's chest. "It's okay, I'm here. I got you." The caregiver coaxed softly as he soothes the other's hair.

"Papa, scawed.. " The younger combed his hair through his finger, rocking the figure side by side and slowly proceeds to sing 'It's Okay' by D.O. His sweet voice makes the little calm, melting in his hold and his eyes fluttered open and close. He snuggled into the younger, burying his face in the chest to inhale his comforting scent.

The thunder sounds so distant by now, the only thing he's focused on is the caregiver's soft vocal. Slowly, his body relaxed and his eyes closed, the baby was finally able to start his journey to dreamland. Sungchan looked down with an adoring smile. The little looked so small in his arms and he can't help but to coo silently. A gentle kiss was placed on top of the baby's head. "Sweet dream, Sho."

🍼

The next morning, the manager runs towards the dorm. He was in his hometown, actually. And since there was a thunderstorm, he was stuck and he can't go home. He's more worried about the little since he knows how scared he is of thunderstorms.

"Sungchan? Shotaro? Are you-" but the sight that greeted him made a sigh of relief escape from his lips. There on the couch, Sungchan sleeping so peacefully with Shotaro in his hold, his dummy fall on the floor and he's using his caregiver's chest as a pillow. The manager just smiled as he tiptoed his way out, letting the two sleep a bit longer.