21: The Talk

The two boys stood there in the bathroom, kissing up on each other for a while, but it still didn’t feel like enough. They had to make up for the time they lost. Harlan pushed him against the wall next to the sinks. Cyrus moaned into their kiss a little, turning Harlan on even more.

“Wait.” Cyrus said.

Harlan pulled back a little to let him speak. He looked like he was deep in thought.

“I want to make this official.” Cyrus said.

Harlan concentrated on what he was saying.

“I want us to be boyfriends, not just two guys who make out sometimes.” he continued.

There was a pause as they looked into each other's eyes.

“I’ve never done that before.” Harlan said, being honest.

“I’ve never done hookups before.” Cyrus stated.

They were both in uncharted territory.

“I guess what I’m saying is I don’t want to be a hookup to you. I want more.” Cyrus said.

“Me too.” Harlan admitted. “I want to have sex with you. You’re beautiful and I really like you. Because of that, I also want more than just sex.”

This was the most he’d ever said about this situationship. Harlan did want more than just sex with Cyrus.

“I also want to have sex with you, but I want to be in a relationship too.” Cyrus said.

“Cyrus, I can’t promise I’ll be good at it.”

“That’s okay, we’re not perfect. I can't promise I’ll be good at the sex part.”

Harlan looked a little surprised.

“Have you never had sex before?” Harlan asked.

Cyrus looked down and didn’t answer. Harlan picked up his chin and looked Cyrus in the eyes.

“That’s nothing to be ashamed about, Cy.” Harlan said. “And honestly I thought you’d be the one slut shaming me, not you feeling guilty about being a virgin.”

Cyrus laughed a little and made Harlan smile too. They loved each other and Harlan knew that. He was nervous to be in a committed relationship but it felt safe with Cyrus. Harlan was ready.

“Okay, we’re official boyfriends now.” Harlan said.

Cyrus ran a hand down Harlan’s chest and looked up at him expectantly.

“You know, we could take care of the other thing too…” Cyrus said teasingly.

Harlan knew he was horny, he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t either. But this wasn’t the place to take your boyfriend's virginity.

“Yes, but not here.” Harlan said. “When we have sex, it’s your first time. It’s our first time with each other. I want that to be special, in my bed, in my house, where we are safe and free. Not here in a juvenile detention center bathroom.”

Cyrus considered that for a moment in his head.

“That sounds great!” Cyrus agreed. “I’ll look forward to it.”

They ended the conversation with a kiss and left back for the common room before heading to bed in separate cells. They wanted to spend the night together but they both knew that was never going to happen here. So it was goodbye until the morning came. They’d get out soon, somehow.