40: The Warning

"What is it?" Cyrus asked.

"You might be affected by the full moon next week." Harlan said.

"But I'm human..." Cyrus was very confused.

"Cyrus, I think we might be mates." That was it, Harlan said it.

Cyrus just looked at him. Harlan could tell that his wheels were turning.

"Are you okay?" Harlan asked.

"Yeah, I am." Cyrus smiled. "So we're mates?"

"Yeah, I hope that okay..."

"Of course it's okay. I only want to be with you. But why would I be affected by the full moon?"

"Because we're mates, you'll feel it. But because you're human, it'll be different."

"So, I'll turn into a werewolf?"

"No..." Harlan didn’t want to tell him, but he knew he had to. "You'll get sick." Harlan confessed.

Harlan watched him carefully. Cyrus looked scared at first but then relieved.

"How bad will it be?"

"I don't know." Harlan was concerned.

"I think I'll be okay, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be here with you. Ramsey said that I can help minimize the effects."

There was a brief pause. Cyrus was scared. He didn’t know what he was getting himself into, but he had Harlan, so he knew he'd be okay.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Cyrus scooted closer to Harlan. He put his hands on his shoulders and kissed Harlan slowly. He felt it in his heart. The kiss was safe and trusting. When they broke apart, Cyrus looked in his eyes.

"I think I'm ready now." Cyrus spoke softly.

"Ready for what baby?" Harlan asked.

"I'm ready."

"I don't follow..." Harlan was confused.

"I want you to take my virginity."