Chapter 18

Levi's POV:

After Bri told my mom and everyone else in the tent everything she knew the room went silent. It was like that for at least an hour before everyone started to speak again. "So this is an attack on all wolves" said uncle Roy "Yeah we should call the others pack Alphas warn them" said Cousin Riley. "My first Order of Business is finding a way to get that mark off my little girls arm and that is all of your main priority as well, so to hell with them other packs" said My mom I looked at her pissed off face as she stood pacing back-and-forth but then she suddenly stopped before going back to the head of the table. "Riley get your husband down here and you two see if you can find anything about out to help my daughter in the books" she said Riley nodded before leaving the tent. "And us" asked uncle Roy. "You and Sam can get some information out of our prisoner make him spit out how to get that damned mark off of Jenna" said mom. "And if he refuses" said Uncle Roy. "Then make him spit out blood instead" said my mom with her fist ballad tightly. There was only one time I seen my mom this pissed and that was the day Mama was shot and killed by that intruder.

Once the tent was empty and it was just Me, My mom and Bri. Mom finally sat down with a sigh. "Mom I know your worried about Jenna but shouldn't the other packs know if their families are in danger as well" I said I agreed with everything my mother said except that. My mom huffed. "It'll cause panic and start a war" said my mom massaging her temples on each side of her head. I looked at her confused "But isn't war what we want they attacked one of our own, My sister at that" I said my fist starting to ball up. "I know but hunters are human and if we kill any of them it will violate and disrupt the agreement I have with the president" said my mom. "Who cares" I said "I care Levi" said Mom I scoffed and sneered. "Of course I don't know why I'm surprised you always choose other people over your own kids" I said pissed, I didn't mean to say that it kind of just slipped out and as soon as it did I regretted it but there was no way to take it back the damage had already been done.

My mom then stood up and looked at me in disbelief. "Mom I-" I tried to say but she cut me off. "Go take a run" she said, "But mom-" I tried saying again but was cut off. "Now!" She said raising her voice a bit I looked down before leaving the tent.

I sat at the water fall up against a tree as I skipped rocks across the water, just then I heard rustling and soon after my mom appeared. I sighed as she sat down next to me. "I didn't know you knew about this place" I said not looking at her as I continued to skip the rocks across the water. "Who do you think showed you this place" she said I looked over at her. "You showed us this place?" I questioned she chuckled lightly. "Yup when you and Jenna were younger and starting to act more like siblings the go to thing was anger so you two would always fight a lot, your mama hated it and I was tired of hearing it so I brought the two of you here" she said. "Do you remember what I told you?" she asked and some how it all came back to me. "You said there will be no fighting here when you are here it is peace it is love it is understanding it is Communication" I said my mom repeating the words with me. I looked at her "I thought this was just where all the pack kids play" I said "Yeah but before it was the pack kids playground it was my kids place" she said I smiled a little before letting out another sigh.

"I'm sorry mom I didn't mean what I said-" I explained but she shook her head "you did you meant every word and that's ok I knew coming back was going to bring up a lot of feelings from a lot of people my children included, now I expected something like that from Jenna but you I didn't except that from" my mom said I just hung my head low.

"You hurt me" I simply said my mom looked over at me and I continued. "I know it's silly childish even but you promised you'd come back and you didn't, it felt like.......like I had just lost both my moms in one day, and I felt as though it was my fault like I was bad luck or something first my bio parents then my adoptive" I explained her facial expression softened as her eyes started to water. "None of that was your fault and I don't want to ever hear you  say it was again" said my mom I looked over at her. And she sighed "I could say that I left to try and make the world a safer place for the 3 of you but that wouldn't be completely true..." she said taking a breath before continuing.

" I left when your mama died because I was spiraling and drowning an pain, and I didn't want to bring you all down with me. I couldn't be the parent you three needed at the time, the parent I promised your mama I'd be so I stayed away" she said looking at me with teary eyes. I didn't know what to say all I could do is sit there she then touched the side of my face lightly and I couldn't help but close my eyes leaning into my mothers warmth. After a moment I opened my eyes again.

"Promises are meant be broken but my word is not so I give you my word that I will never break a promise to you or your siblings ever again" she said I smiled as my eyes started to water before pulling her into a hug she kissed my forehead before whispering. "I love you" she said causing me to hug her tighter.

"I love you too mom."