Released With Cost

Aratana Jidai make a deal with Dark Zagi in prison so he can gain power and use it to get his revenge over humanity. Few weeks ago, he turn himself into human Space Beast known as Beast The One, and escape from prison after destroying the facility and killed all the workers there. He and Zagi create a plan, and then waited until the right time comes when he lure EDGE and the Ultras out, weakening Xenos so Zagi can possess him and turn him into Dark Xenos. While they succeeded, they didn't expect someone would try to infertere with them.

(Dark World)

Inside the dark dimensional field, team EDGE with a coma state Hiro are watching an intense battle. While Ars and Volance are weakened, The One step back, Dark Xenos are battling with Mephisto, someone who he didn't expect to be alive. Dark Xenos and Mephisto rush ahead and clash their blades.

Dark Xenos: How can you be alive? I saw you perish with my own eyes!

Mephisto: I don't know... But as long as I'm alive, and stop you, then that is enough reason for me to live! That's all!

They continue to clash, before Dark Xenos kick Mephisto away, sending him skidding back.

Dark Xenos: Either way, our objective has been achieved. Jidai, we're pulling out of here.

The One: Hmph. As long as you're satistified.

Dark energy appear and open portal, before Dark Xenos and The One walk into the portal before it disappears. The Dark World then slowly disappearing, letting everyone trapped inside the field to go out. Ars fall to his knees and shout in frustrate, unable to take he couldn't save his younger twin.

(Time Skip)
(Night)
(Drazen Base)

The team returned to the base after their failure. When they found Hiro, he is in coma state and barely show any sign of life.

(Medical Room)

The coma state Hiro is place in the medical room, and he currently resting in the bed. While Hiro is indeed "alive," his human body and true body get ripped off, like how soul is ripped off from a physical body. The team watch Hiro from the other side of the window as he was isolated in case if he is infected by the dark energy or the Beast Virus.

Okami: What the heck...? Why did Kamiki ended up being the victim...? He's just a kid...!

Asuna: He's one of us, so he know the risk.

Okami: How can you say that?! He's not even graduate from high school yet!

Asuna: Don't even think you're the only one who is angry right now. I'm as frustrated as you are.

Okami: *grit his teeth* ...

Sakuya: Space Beast, Beast Virus, Jidai make a deal with giant who possess Xenos... All of it connect the dots.

Harumiya: I'll take full responsibility of this failure. Did any of you inform this to Kamiki's family?

Sakuya: Not yet.

Harumiya: Make sure that they must not know until the right time comes.

Sakuya: But Captain, even if Member Kamiki is one of us, he's still underage because nineteen is the proper age to join EDGE. He able join in because of his devotion and speciality. He still purely under our protection.

Harumiya: I know!

The team slight suprise by their captain's outburst. But it can't be helped, because Hiro is the one lying on the bed and not him.

Harumiya: If I able to finish off Jidai, Member Kamiki won't be lying there right now.

Okami and Asuna look at Hiro at the other side for a while, before they excuse themselves and walk away.