Chapter 13: Donna Beneviento

A/N: This may hurt a bit :)

---------------------------------------------------

Alexis groaned quietly as she saw the snow beginning to fall once more, coating the ground in a thin blanket of white. Winter was starting and in just a few days there would be a good few inches of snow. When she was younger, she use to enjoy playing in the snow with her sister. They would build things, watch the snow fall late into the night and make snow angels. Actually, that's the reason her sister called her ''Snow Angel''. 

But that was when she was much younger and didn't know just how cruel reality was. She didn't like the snow anymore, in fact she despised it. Because all she could think about when she saw the snow was blood stains sinking into it as it dripped from her sister's head resting on a-

She came up to a grave stone surrounded by smaller ones and bright yellow flowers that seemed to glow. Alexis coughed a bit, covering her mouth as she looked down at the flowers before her eyes wandered to the grave. The name engraved on the stone was hard to read since it was regularly kept clean but she knew who was buried there. Apparently from what Angie told her, Donna's twin sister was buried there. Before she was given with the Cadou, Donna had a scar across her right eye due to an accident that also took her twin sister's life. The death of her sister is also what caused her parents to kill themselves as well, leaving Donna alone.

It was something that her and Donna had in common. They both lost a sibling that they loved dearly. The only two differences was that Alexis didn't know her biological parents and when her sister died, she was seeking revenge while Donna isolated herself from the world. When she first met Donna, she couldn't help but pity her, maybe that was the reason. They both had a similar event happen to them but they turned out differently.

Walking past the grave at a brisk pace, she continued up the foggy trail. She heard small whispers in her ear and dark shadows out of the corner of her that make her hair stand on end. The voices and shadows continued to laugh at her as she continued up the trail. The two things she hated about House Beneviento was the flowers and that monstrosity in the basement, locked behind a door.

Ignoring the voices and shadows, she came across the old rusted gate in front of House Beneviento with the sound of the loud waterfall behind it. Just being near the house gave her the creeps despite is beauty. Sighing to herself, she made her way through the rusted gate and to the front door. 

She knocked loudly, wondering if Donna was even near the front door. The amount of flowers around the place was crazy to her. Then again, Donna didn't really enjoy company from those she didn't know extensively. She waited a bit before knocking a bit louder. That's when the door opened, revealing the veiled woman with her doll cradled in her arms.

''Oh Alex! You're here!'' the doll shouted, jumping for the woman and scrambling onto her shoulder.

''How many times have I told you to stop calling me that?'' Alexis growled but ignored the doll as she adjusted her scarf that had gotten ruffled due to Angie's movements.

''Go cry about it, bitch.''

''Angie Beneviento!'' Donna said in a disappointed tone but the doll didn't react. The Dollmaker stepped to the side, gesturing for the woman to enter her home which she did without question. ''Would you like some tea?''

''No thank you. I don't like tea.'' Alexis said with a shrug as she stared at the veil the woman was wearing. She understood why Donna wore her veil but still, she wished she'd just take that thing off and leave it off. Donna didn't even look half bad to her but then again, mysterious women weren't really her type, which was why she liked Miranda so much. When they first met and made their deal, she got straight to the point and didn't spare any detail. With Donna, it felt more like a guessing game.