Chapter 21: The Truth

A/N: Buckle up, a bit of a long one here like the last one :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The bright rays of sunlight danced across her face, stirring her from her rest. She groaned, nuzzling further into her comfortable place on the bed and squeezing her thighs together due to the dull aching between them. The last thing she wanted was to get out of bed and leave the warmth that surrounded her. She nuzzled further into the soft thing underneath her as she slowly opened her eyes.

Beneath her was the pillow that Miranda always slept on. Her eyes widened and she bolted up right, looking around frantically. On the foot of the bed was her clothes, neatly folded with a note and a beautiful looking rock next to it. Curiously, she picked it up and began reading.

Alexis, I apologize for not being by your side for when you wake. I was called for an emergency meeting by the Lords. I promise, I'll make it up to you darling.

-Andi

She could help but smile, relieved that last night wasn't just a strange, crazy dream. Miranda really was back. The memories of last night filled her mind, including their short conversation afterwards. Her cheeks flared bright red as the conversation played on repeat in her mind. Now, she wouldn't hear the end of it from the daughters.

Groaning in pain, she got up and gather her clothes, stopping for a moment to look at the rock. She wasn't exactly sure what it was for or why Miranda had left it for her to find but it was from her.

After a much needed shower, she got dressed and left the room. Yawning, she made her way to the kitchen, where Monica was making lunch.

"Hello Lady Miroslava, did you sleep well?" she asked with a bright smile.

"Surprisingly, yes. I did." she said, taking a seat at the table as Monica served her her plate.

"That isn't surprising, considering Mother Miranda has returned." she commented, causing the woman to blush as she ate.

***

She fiddled with her gun, putting that last few pieces together to fully assemble it. It was one of the few things she could do to pass the time until Miranda returned but she was starting to worry. Miranda had been gone for hours; meetings never take that long, their usually an hour long sometimes an hour and a half. Her mind was racing with different scenarios as she tried to calm her thoughts.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around her and she felt a gentle kiss on her neck. She nearly jumped out of her skin as she turned. It was Miranda. Immediately, she relaxed into her embrace and leaned against her.

''What was the meeting about? Why didn't you wake me?'' Alexis questioned, reaching up for Miranda's hand and bringing it to her lips.

''Always straight to business with you.'' she heard Miranda mumble in a slightly disappointed tone. Alexis was about to change the subject but the priestess was quicker than her. ''Heisenberg found the father of my vessel snooping around Castle Dimitrescu. But it's alright, he's been disposed of.''

''Wait, he was there?'' Alexis said, turning in her arms. ''Do you think he's with the BSAA?''

''Not from his interactions with that Redfield man you told me about.'' she said. 

Before Alexis could say anything, Miranda kept her silent with a kiss. She tensed at the gentle contact, her lips moving with Miranda's as the kiss deepened. For a moment, she forgot all about her worries. All that mattered to her was that moment. Miranda pressed a few quick kisses on her cheek and lips before pulling away.