Chapter 19: Recovery

A/N: I meant to update this a lot sooner but it kinda slipped my mind lol

Anyway, I'm changing the title of the story to ''It's Always You'' since I think it's a bit more fitting. Anyway, have a good day/night!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Alexis eyes shot open, bolting upright before yelping in pain and falling back down onto the soft bedsheets inside of a rigid chair. Groaning pathetically, she took deep breaths and waited for the pain to subside. She heard the door to the room open and someone rush is. She groaned as she forced her eyes open, her vision blurred. The figure had familiar long blonde hair and a dark outfit. Her eyes widened and her heart started to pound as her vision began to clear.

''M-Miranda?...'' she mutter in a weak yet hopeful tone. But when her vision cleared, she was met with disappointment. It was just Bela.

''Hey, you're awake.'' she smiled. ''How are you feeling?''

''I'm fine. Anything to drink?'' she questioned as she tried to sit up with the help of the blonde. She handed her a clear glass of water, which she took and immediately chugged.

''Hey, hey, slow down. You'll choke.'' Bela said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Alexis sighed, leaning back against the headboard with her eyes closed, taking a moment to breathe. As she opened her eyes, she saw Cassandra poke her head into the room with a bright smile before ducking away. After a few moment, Cassandra reappeared with the biggest grin Alexis had ever seen on her face.

''Okay, what's up with the smile?'' she questioned.

''We have a surprise for you!'' she announced before gesturing for someone to come into the doorway.

Appearing in the door way, with Karl's arm around his shoulder was her father. He looked extremely uneasy at first but as soon as he saw Alexis his expression changed to deep concern before breaking away from Karl and rushed to her side. She smiled brightly, opening her arms and hugging him tightly. ''Hey dad.''

''By Mother Miranda, what happened to you cheek?'' he asked, pulling away from his daughter and lightly brushing his thumb near the stitches. She wince slightly when his fingers brushed over the irritated skin but she still held her smile.

''I'm fine, what are you doing here?''

''We thought you'd wanna see your old man so I brought em' here.'' Karl said, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a pack of cigars.

''And Lady D is okay with a man in her Castle?'' Alexis quirked an eyebrow.

''Oh, she's made her disdain of me obvious but I can deal with that. I'm just glad you're okay.'' he smiled, pressing the tip of his finger against her nose for a moment. Alexis giggled and leaned forwards, hugging him and resting her chin on his shoulder. It had always been her favorite spot to rest her head on despite being taller than him. It reminded her of what she'd do with Lex when she was younger. It was comforting. ''When Lord Heisenberg told me to come with him, I was going to fight him but I'm glad I didn't.''

''I'm glad you didn't either, he'd kick your ass.'' Alexis laughed.

''Hey, watch it young lady.'' he said in a playful tone.

After sitting with her father and speaking to him for a few hours, he left, being escorted home safely by the same man who brought him there. During that time, Alexis told everyone only a little bit of what had happened to her cheek but nothing else. It also came to her attention as to why she was so thirsty before passing out was because one of her ribs had punctured her lung and caused internal bleeding. Thankfully Donna was able to stop the bleeding.