Chapter 1 - Recalling the times

Its a cool and gloom evening, the streets of London are barren, the sound of rain pitter pattering on the tiles of houses in the block, Y/N is hard at work in his fathers workshop hammering away on all cylinders developing his latest invention, a pocket watch capable of reversing time for a single person but only for a mere moment. Gazing at the pocket watch in your hands, you think.

"All this time for me to finally develop what I've pursued for so long" you stand over the workbench eyes glazed over as your dad walks into the workshop. He was a former inventor and craftsman for the corporation Overwatch, well, before it was shut down, he made all kinds of gadgets and even armor in this very workshop. Being in the workshop alone is like being a kid in a candy store with 10 fold the excitement as I always wanted to be an inventor like him someday

Dad: "So its finally done, is it?" He asks, You come to reality again and give him an approving nod. 

"Lets just hope this works son, would hate to see you not leave the workshop for months on end again..." He says ruffling your hair.

Y/N: "Now all there is to do is to put it to the test" 

You say in an amazed and curious way, thinking of where you could go, you take it to the perfect spot, where the city never sleeps, Kings Row, a place perfect to jump from rooftop to rooftop and put your parkour skills to the test, you make your way to the rooftop and with a quick breath in and a long but reassuring breath out you make a mad dash for the rooftop across from you, jumping as your feet stomp through the mass puddles of water from the rain. 

Making the jump you continue to build moment to the point where you jump over a railing into a free fall catching a view of the clock tower chiming as time slows down for that instant, you refocus and without hesitation you pull out pocket watch clicking the device into action and just like that you blipped out of and into reality reversing your own time to the point of time planting both of your arms on the railing ready to jump over. A big smile overcomes your face. 

"IT REALLY WORKED" you thought to yourself with your heart racing, adrenaline only just filling your veins causing you to collapse on the spot.

 Its been years in the making, but its finally completed, the device functions without fail but you did fear for your life a bit taking that leap of faith. But what is life without a little bit of risk. 

"I cant wait to share my progress with my parents, all this time and I've finally developed a working gadget" you thought to yourself. Your achievement becomes short lived as you hear an explosion coming from the direction your house is in, the sky has been littered with plumes of smoke everywhere, fighter jets screaming overhead and even more explosions fill your hears with sound leaving one thought to come to your head "Mum and dad". 

You panic as you break into a sprint across the rooftops, your panting leaving mist in the air with every breath, heart rate increasing with every second, you look down on the streets to see robots of white and purple invading the city shooting everything on site, not stopping your momentum you also see these same robots reduced to nothing but a pile of scrap and broken wires but with no sign of what did it.

Fires light the streets, screams of an unknown terror followed by gunfire filled the alleys of London, the rain kept coming down with no sign of slowing down slamming away at the brittle path below you. Yet you remained focused not stopping to your own thoughts or any other obstacle in your path, despite being a powerless kid your will to keep moving was commendable.

"You don't have time to stop" you assure yourself as you are just a few blocks away from your house, arriving at the site of a torn down building dread fills your thoughts, with pure instinct kicking in you bust down the door calling out to your parents but there's no response, making your way around the house there is no sign of them until you walk down to the workshop where you find them, buried in rubble, clinging to life by the skin of their teeth, consumed by fear they whimper. Tears come to your eyes as you cant stand to look at the position they are in.