Chapter 18 - Shimada

Spending the night in the warehouse with Kiriko and band of vigilantes was... Interesting. I could tell Sakura still didn't like me but if it ever came to it, she would trust me to fight alongside them. Ryota seemed like a act before doing guy at first but he just wants to do what he believes right by the team but more importantly those he considers his friends. As for Nobuto Cant get a read on the guy, like he seems very welcoming but aware that I'm just a stranger who could betray them at anypoint for now, if there's one thing they all have in common, none of them give of the same energy of having supernatural powers like Kiriko. Speaking of whom began to walk over to me as I leant up against a steel support beam that held up the very roof they work under.

Kiriko: "You doing okay?"

Y/N: "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Kiriko: "I don't know... Maybe you weren't comfortable after what happened a couple hours ago? Just an assumption"

Y/N: "I'm fine, not something I expected but I wasn't seriously injured"

Kiriko: "I just wish they were more reserved when it comes to people I bring back, like you're a stranger to them but I've gotten to know you, doesn't that amount to anything?"

Y/N: "I think they're just scared is all, bringing me who they have no idea of knowing where I am from can be a risk sometimes"

Kiriko: "Maybe you're right..."

A yelling could be heard across the warehouse

Nobuto: "What are you two doing?" He said in a teasing manner

I looked at Kiriko who had just seemed to zone out a little like she mentioned earlier so I replied to Nobuto instead

Y/N: "Just getting used to what I'm working with, what's it to you?"

I couldn't see his facial expressions behind the mask but judging by the way he said it, he was implying something. Not my job to keep him line however I thought as I did a small clap in front of Kiriko's face causing her to snap out of it.

Kiriko: "Huh? Oh... Sorry"

Y/N: "Don't be, Nobuto was just wondering what you were doing"

She then turned to him and yelled

Kiriko: "You better not be implying anything, I will kick your ass... That's a promise"

Nobuto in response gave her a thumbs up and continued working away at his bench, sparks flying everywhere with the corner being illuminated.

Y/N: "Are you the one okay here?"

Kiriko: "What do you mean?"

Y/N: "You just seemed a bit more on edge than when it was just the two of us"

Kiriko: "Oh. I'm fine... I guess"

Y/N: "You can tell me, we might've only met recently but as you've said, you've learnt a lot about me. I wanna learn about you too, cant deny me of that now"

Kiriko: "I'm just a bit on edge from the Hashimoto. They slip away every time, like I don't want to kill them but each time they get away, they come back with more and more... I feel that eventually I wont be enough"

Y/N: "I see..."

Kiriko: "And also you putting yourself out there for Mr Yoshita, I thought that it would be the time I couldn't save someone. But you proved more resilient than I gave you credit for"

Y/N: "I've had a few... near death moments in my lifetime"

I say that revealing some of the scars she hadn't seen that time