Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit

The cool air filled your lungs as you locked gazes with death itself, staying back to back with Brigitte you take step after step never losing sight of the enemy in front of you.

Y/N: "So you gonna make a move or is the scary looking mask and cloak just a façade?"

He raises his shotgun to point the barrel at you

Reaper: "A lot of talk for someone going for cheap shots"

Y/N: "At least I could land a hit, even in a 2 on 1 situation you and your spandex partner couldn't deal with her, not that you had much of a chance against her to begin with"

I can still feel a bit of pain in my arm but I can deal with it, unsheathing your sword and spinning it around with your wrist you taunt him to come forward.

Widowmaker: "Cocky boy, Ill teach this little girl of yours some manners"

Brigitte: "How bout you come down here and say it again?"

You look over your shoulder while keeping your guard up

Y/N: "Listen Brigitte, we are both injured, my left arm is still a bit broken and you've still got that wound on your arm, so don't push yourself too hard"

Brigitte: "As much as I'd love to take your advice, we don't have much of a choice, besides I'll protect you if you protect me, got it?"

Y/N: "I promised Reinhardt to keep you safe"

You then feel a hand grab yours, looking down you see Brigitte's worn glove intertwining her fingers between yours.

Brigitte: "I made a promise that day, I couldn't live up to it then, so let me live up to it now"

Y/N: "We may not make it out of this alive, but there's no one I'd rather have by my side"

Brigitte: "We are gonna make it out of here alive, starting with beating these guys down"

Brigitte then lets go and swings her mace at Widowmaker prompting the sniper to grapple to a nearby rooftop, with her creating that opening you take up arms and stand your ground as Reaper closes the distance. You go one on one with the shadow of man who was once an Overwatch agent, blocking many shots from his shotgun pistols with your shield and closing the distance to slash at him.

Y/N: "You're one tough bastard, I see why Jack has so many issues trying to put you down let alone tracking you in the first place"

Reaper: "Jack was always overconfident, putting the law above everything else, I was the only one willing to cross the line when it came to keeping the world at peace, there's a reason he cant fight this war and expect to win"

Y/N: "And yet here you are, cant even bring down an injured rookie, you're fighting alongside Talon for a cause not even worthy of being heroic"

The taunting was getting to him, but I still have to be cautious of getting a shot in my back, Brigitte seems to have her handled though, I don't know if this is a battle we can win but I do trust in her to get the job done.

Brigitte's POV

Y/N has Gabriel on the backfoot,  as long as I keep this sniper at bay, he can fight him with no issues. I worry about how he isn't fully recovered, but he's risking his life once again to keep me alive, I need to do my best to make sure his condition doesn't worsen let alone put him in a situation against the two of them.

Brigitte: "Come back here! I ain't done with you just yet!"

Widowmaker: "Foolish little girl, that woman hasn't told you anything has she?"