Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders

The Sun Rises...

Morning rolls around and you've somehow made your way to your bed, knowing fully well you didn't have the energy to pick your lazy self up from the workbench and collapse again after reaching your bed. It then hits you, a smell of bacon coming from the kitchen, but despite the motivator you still don't get up but instead roll over to face the window and have your back turned to the door. 

Tracer: "Wake up sleepy head!" you hear as the door swings open, Lena then stands there with a grin on her face.

Y/N: "Did you somehow manage to get me to my bed last night Lena?" you question, "Not exactly love, I needed a bit of assistance from your neighbor although she was a bit reluctant at first" she giggles away pointing back at Brigitte whos working away in the kitchen. "So lemme get this straight,  you broke into my place, walked into my room, saw me asleep on the bench, got Brigitte to I assume carry me to bed and then started cooking breakfast this morning in my kitchen?" you try to say with a straight face. 

Tracer: "That does sound like the summary of events yes, and she actually gave you a piggy back so you are welcome for the comforting sleep instead of what I found you on" Lena says containing her laughter. Brigitte walks into the bedroom and grabs your arm.

Brigitte: "Cmon, you need to eat" she says pulling you as you try to resist. 

Y/N: "Do I need to eat? Or do I just need to sleep more?" you retort smiling as you do so.

Brigitte: "Fine, I didn't want to have to do this" she says as she picks you up carrying you across her shoulders. 

Y/N: "Well that's just unfair" you say looking down at Lena giggling away while she tries to get a reaction out of Brigitte for the fun of it. 

Brigitte: "Look Y/N, you have a meeting with Commander Morrison in an hours time, I ain't letting you sleep in neither  not eat anything before then" she conveys in a serious manner.

Y/N: "Wait... Commander Morrison wants to see me? As in you heard those exact words out of his mouth?" you respond.

Brigitte: "Well yeah that's the gist of it" She says as her eyes light up once more. 

Y/N: "Please tell me you have that on recording! Anybody? Well did anybody at least hear it" You say in a loud manner, Brigitte then gestures over towards Lena. 

Tracer: "Well don't look at me, its kind of obvious I would know if she knows" she says jokingly.

Brigitte: "Anyways point is, this is huge for you Y/N, Commander Morrison is one of the biggest figures of Overwatch's history dating all the way back to the omnic crisis!" Brigitte goes on to say.

Y/N: "Okay, I hear you, but what about you?" you question Brigitte. 

Brigitte: "What do you mean, what about me?" She says with a nervous tone. 

Y/N: "Well y'know, aren't you also an agent of Overwatch now too? What if its a mission? Don't think I'm exactly up to the task yet" You say trying to reason. 

Brigitte: "Are you trying to say you want me to go with you? As in just us two?" The swede then goes red in the face, noticing it right away you attempt to calm her down. 

Y/N: "Well only if its a mission, I wouldn't trust anyone more to be my side other than you" you explain, after a few breaths Brigitte starts talking again. 

Brigitte: "It would be my honor to share a mission with you". You finish up breakfast, get changed into your armor, but it feels different, Brigitte approaches you from behind "I did some tweaking with your armor, it should feel a lot more loose and lightweight now, but still strong enough withstand a barrage of bullets, not too sure about missiles, didn't get to test those yet" she says sticking her tounge out jokingly.