Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector

As of my time I'm dropping this chapter early! It was a fun to write but also simple cause I had ground to stand on thanks to a little cinematic help. For the sake of continuity, I will be using "???" for the POV of the character we are seeing through the eyes of. Don't worry, for the same sake of continuity, a interaction with said character will reveal their name but when swapping back to Y/N's POV we will go back to using "???". For now at least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

???'s POV

Another hard working day at the shrine, maybe I should stop by the donut shop before they close for the evening. Looking at my phone I see the time indicating that its almost closed and just below the time I had a lot of notifications from my mom, she can be a pain sometimes. Ignoring the messages I continued on to the donut shop after leaving the shrine, the sunset had shone overhead leaving a orange tint in the air with a swift breeze shaking the cherry blossom trees all around me. Entering the store I was greeted by an old lady, Miss Yukotoro.

Miss Yukotoro: "Ah, If it isn't my most valued customer"

???: "Yeah, Its me again"

Miss Yukotoro: "And for the fifth time this week"

???: "What can I say? I love donuts"

Miss Yukotoro: "What a lovely woman you are too"

???: "Trust me, you wouldn't want to see my bad side"

Miss Yukotoro: "Anyways, I take its just the usual"

???: "Yep. Need to get home quickly, my mothers been trying to harass me"

Miss Yukotoro: "But Asa is a nice mother, I'm sure she just wants to spend time with you"

???: "Oh you have no idea"

The old lady had prepped three boxes of donuts already in hopes of my arrival.

Miss Yukotoro: "Now you take care dear"

???: "Oh, by the way, you didnt happen to see a guy who looks like a tourist around these parts did you?"

Miss Yukotoro: "To be honest I wouldnt know, people always come around but I did see one guy. Had his hood up and was carrying a duffle bag filled to the brim"

That got my memory going, the guy I instructed was carrying a duffle bag and was wearing a black unzipped hoodie. Guess he found his way to the apartment after all.

???: "Thank you Yukotoro-sama"

Miss Yukotoro: "Anytime my dear"

I waved goodbye to her before picking the three boxes filled to the brim with donuts and just licking my lips waiting to get home and devour these. As I exited the shop it was quiet, a peaceful kind of quiet, perfect conditions for a nice walk home is what I thought to myself but I couldn't help but remember that the Hashimoto would be out soon, these people need protecting. Finally arriving at the apartment building I see Mr. Yoshida isn't at his desk as usual so I continue up to my floor through the elevator, It is there I see Mr. Yoshida fixing a bulb in the ceiling.

???: "Hi Mr Yoshida"

Mr. Yoshida: "Oh. Hi Kiriko, donuts for dinner again?"

Kiriko: "These aren't just any donuts, they're fox festival donuts... With spirit sprinkles, wanna try one?"

Mr Yoshida: "No thank you, but I hope you and your mother enjoy them"

Kiriko: "She's here? Ugh... Let me guess, she brought her vacuum"