Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE

A week goes by...

Brigitte's POV

Y/N hasn't woken up yet, but his vitals have been stabilizing, slowly at least, I've been checking on him everyday since we arrived, still feeling the guilt for the position he's in. "At least he looks at peace and not in too much pain" is what I thought to myself, Commander Morrison said he will send a back up agent to help maintain the situation with Talon but it wont help until Y/N is ready for action.

Captain Amari: "His vitals have been stable for the past couple days, no internal bleeding  but he does have a broken bone in his left arm so nothing beyond repair".

Brigitte: "Thank you Ana again, I just hope he is able to wake up soon, the longer we wait here the more Talon will get away with. I want payback for what they've done to Y/N".

Captain Amari: "I understand your frustrations Brigitte, but this is something we can rush. Either way Morrison is sending another agent as back up, Its best we take Talon more serious if they know what we are up to".

Brigitte: "I hear you, Its just unfortunate and frustrating that this happened to begin with. Do you know who the back up is?".

Captain Amari: "That would be classified to Morrison, lets just hope they aren't unlucky like the two of you. I will give you some time to yourself, I will have a look around outside".

Ana would then pick up her rifle and go to scout around outside leaving me by Y/N's bedside, all I could do was look after him, grabbing his left hand with both of mine and clinging to any hope I could find.

Ana's POV

I hope Brigitte doesn't keep blaming herself, but I cant stop her from thinking that way no matter what I do. All I can do is keep them safe until Y/N is recovered, whoever this back up is we should be able to delay Talons further operations in one fell swoop once they arrive. I'll call Morrison to see the status on the next agent.

Captain Amari: "Morrison are you there?".

Commander Morrison: "Ana, what is your status?".

Captain Amari: "Currently on patrol, Y/N's vitals have stabilized to regular levels but there is still no sign of him waking from his coma anytime soon".

Commander Morrison: "This is unfortunate news, we are getting your back up sorted, they should be there by tomorrow at the earliest".

Captain Amari: "I see, I'll hold down the fort until then, as usual I'll keep you updated on Y/N's condition".

Commander Morrison: "Pleasure as always Amari, tell Brigitte that Lena says to hold strong and Y/N will pull through, he has before".

Captain Amari: "Will do Commander, Ana Amari signing off".

10 Minutes Later...

Brigitte's POV

Captain Amari: "Brigitte, I have some news".

Brigitte: "What's the news?".

Captain Amari: "The backup will arrive tomorrow by the earliest, also Lena has sent some words of encouragement" Ana then quotes Lena's words "Hold strong Brigitte, you are stronger than you think, Y/N will pull through this, he's managed in a tough situation before".

Those are the words I needed to hear most, "Thank you Lena, I know Y/N will pull through, and from now on, I will be his shield" is what I immediately thought after hearing those words.