Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka

Today was quiet as any other day,  making sure I have my stuff off to go on a trip with Genji for a week or two. Hope Brigitte will be okay without me in that time, She will probably just do some tinkering with her equipment and ask Reinhardt to do some basic combat drills. Working hard as always, and I'm not going to just lay around either, maybe I should ask Genji to do some sparring like him and Brigitte used to do. 

Genji: "Hey Y/N"

Y/N: "Oh my lord speak of the devil"

Genji: "Who could you have been talking to?"

Y/N: "Nobody... What's up?"

Genji: "Came to check to see if you're doing alright. You seem a bit on edge"

Y/N: "There is not much to say"

Genji: "Master Zenyatta can help you if you find yourself unbalanced"

Y/N: "No no, I am fine Genji"

I was lying through my teeth, I didn't want to exactly lie to him about Brigitte and I but I also had to cover up the information I got from Sombra.

Genji: "Perhaps time off is what you need, we will be travelling to Kanezaka very soon"

Y/N: "Kanezaka? As in the city of the fox spirit?"

Genji: "Yes. I have business to settle around there"

Y/N: "Can I come?"

Genji: "Not right now, Its in my best interest to keep you out of harm. The only thing you should have to worry about is the Hashimoto"

Y/N: "The Hashimoto? What's so bad about them?"

Genji: "A sinister gang and rival clan to my bloodline the Shimada's"

Y/N: "Oh I see..."

Genji: "Try to avoid confronting them If you can, its better that way"

I gave him a nod

Genji: "Now I have to go prepare for departure, don't keep me waiting"

Genji then left my room and someone else walked in, at first I thought it was Brigitte but I turn around and Its a short woman with brown hair tied back with a hair pin through it.

???: "Heya"

Y/N: "Umm... Hi"

???: "Wait. Do you not know who I am?"

Y/N: "Should I?"

???: "I thought Brigitte would've told you"

On que, Brigitte then walks into my room

Brigitte: "Oh. I thought you were alone, how you doing Mei?"

Mei: "I came to talk to the prestigious hero in these parts, you didn't tell him about me?"

Brigitte: "Oh no I didn't... very sorry"

Mei: "That's okay Brigitte, anyways I am Mei, a researcher from the Eco Point in Antarctica"

I gesture out my hand to shake

Y/N: "As you know, I'm Y/N, charmer of women, conqueror of men and wrecker of your shit"

Mei began bursting out laughing while Brigitte just face palmed

Y/N: "What's the matter Brigitte?"

Brigitte: "I think I just had a memory blank out of sheer stupidity"

Y/N: "I didn't think you were that stupid"