Chapter 2 - Living In The Past

Since the attack on Kings Row, 6 years have passed and only recently an invasion on Paris, day after day thinking of a different outcome but coming to no solution where you win, suddenly the door behinds swings open 

Tracer: "You doing okay love?" Tracer asks in confusion as you haven't left your room for almost a month, you turn to her.

Y/N: "I'm doing alright I guess, just been tinkering with the "Z Drive" my father left me with, the last thing I own that's proof of his existence" as you stare deeply at the Z Drive in your hand. You've gotten used to life now, knowing Tracers actual name and meeting some of the agents currently residing within Watchpoint Gibraltar but yet you still reminisce that one fateful day while Lena gives you a look of sadness.

Tracer: "I don't think you've told me what that really does" she continues to say out of curiosity. 

Y/N: "Its quite similar to your chrono accelerator, only I don't need it to keep me anchored in this timeline unlike your device" you say jokingly causing a look of sadness from her. 

Tracer: "Winston made this for me after I had the accident which I'm super grateful for, without him I'd be lost in time" She says but its followed by a giggle "But you're quite the jokester today aren't you?" as she prods for another remark as Winston then walks in. 

Winston: "How are you doing Y/N?" he questions.

Y/N": The same way I was feeling when Lena asked me a minute ago" you say to get a chuckle out of the scientist, "Its been a year since you called agents back to active duty right Winston?" you question back.

Winston: "A year approximately but everyone cant just drop what they are doing since all their status's and locations are unknown, for all we know we just have to trust in our allies" He explains, while Tracer prods at you. 

Tracer: "So you excited to see Brigitte? I mean it has been 6 years since we rescued you when you were 15, both of you are practically grown adults now". 

Y/N: "Its been almost 10 years since we saw each other last, as I said 6 years ago, I doubt she will even remember me" She walks over to you placing her hand on your shoulder. 

Tracer: "I wouldn't be surprised if she came out of the dropship hugging you with open arms" she says with a giggle under her breath "You're an Overwatch agent now, and I guess you didn't know but so is she as of today" Not paying attention to the first part she said. 

Y/N: "Why did you giggle just now? What did you do?" She then turns to you.

Tracer: "Oh nothing, just made a few calls on the behalf of my good friend Y/N to a special someone". Locking eyes with Lena you grab her by both shoulders. 

Y/N: "Did you actually?" you ask her in all seriousness.

Tracer: "Yeah... Is that an-" You cut Lena off by pulling her in for a hug.

Y/N: "Thank you Lena, for looking out for me then and even now" you say to her.

Tracer: "Its what we do Y/N, You watch my back and Ill watch yours, especially with your new friend coming around in Id say maybe an hour" she says sneakily.

Y/N: "AN HOUR?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" You yell out, Lena looks at you and shrugs her shoulders before blinking away as her giggles echo in the hallway as she does.

Before you can chase her down the hallway, the door shuts on you face. Face now even more red than when she told you about Brigitte being here in an hour, more determined than ever you gather your gear, grab the Z Drive from your desk, kick up your hoverboard and attach it to the back of your armor and start cleaning up the place.