Chapter 16 - Origin's

An unnerving silence filled the air, I couldn't remember what had just happened and all I knew is that I was laying on my bed shirtless with my stomach feeling awfully sore. Looking down I could see it was bandaged and I just couldn't imagine what I trouble I got myself into as I sighed to myself. 

???: "Its good you're awake"

Across the room I spotted a pair of blue eyes piercing the darkness with their gaze, provoking me to jump out of the bed which hurt even more

Y/N: "Who are you?!"

???: "Whoa whoa, I'm a friend, the Hashimoto cant hurt you anymore"

Y/N: "That doesn't answer the question!"

The figure walked out from the shadow, it was her. The girl from the shrine that I spoke to about directions.

???: "Look... My name is Kiriko. Last night a gang known as the Hashimoto came into this building, they hurt you as they saw fit after you tried to help Mr Yoshida"

Y/N: "Why am I shirtless?"

Kiriko: "Okay so... I can kind of heal people, but for some reason the healing didn't work on you"

The memories started coming back to me with every word she was saying, I remembered the lights flickering and the faded memory of this exact girl teleporting around and kicking people in the faces

Y/N: "Last night... You were the one that-"

Kiriko: "Beat those guys senseless... Yeah that was me... I didn't get away unscathed though"

She gestured to her cheek but there was nothing there, no cuts, no scarring of any sorts, just nothing

Y/N: "I mean you look good, Um I mean okay..."

She took notice of what I said but didn't seem too bothered and instead shook it off with a response

Kiriko: "Don't be awkward about it, I've had my fair share of guys trying to-"

Y/N: "Its not like that"

My response was sudden and quick to the point, so quick that she couldn't finish her sentence but I already understood where she was going with it

Kiriko: "Yeah I get it, just teasing"

She was looking at me like it didn't bother her one bit, I myself was questioning what happened and how I ended up well... Here.

Y/N: "So you mind telling me what this is all about?"

Kiriko: "Oh right. Thing is, Do you believe in spirits?"

Y/N: "I mean..."

Kiriko: "That doesn't matter, fact of the matter is that those guys. They run the neighborhood, sucking it dry of  everything that makes this place special"

Y/N: "They seemed like real assholes, but you could've handled even more of them on your own"

Kiriko: "Maybe... I'm not invincible you know and besides you stood up for Mr Yoshida which is something I can respect you for"

Y/N: "He's an innocent man, I couldnt just let him take a beating because these guys want to give him one"

Kiriko: "It seems our goals and ideals align at least"

Y/N: "What are you saying?"

Kiriko: "Truth is I want to rid Kanezaka of the Hashimoto once and for all, I'm just not strong enough to do so on my own"