Chapter 12 - London's Calling

Today was the day, we head back to King's Row for the first time since the invasion. I was both ready and unprepared for what was to come, Brigitte was here with me but this was my endeavour to conquer, no matter how hard it was.

Y/N: "It's been a while... since I've been home"

Brigitte: "Yeah... The war took a lot. People, buildings, morale. Even though Overwatch had won, everything went under for a while"

Y/N: "It's just... If I had been able to get them out"

Brigitte: "I know, I know you wanted to get them out that day. It was Lena's first day on the job, nothing hit her harder than watching people die in front of her"

Y/N: "It helps that you're here Brigitte, It really does, thank you"

Brigitte: "What am I if not a friend? Friends always stick up for each other through thick and thin"

I whisper under my breath as our gazes depart one another

Y/N: "Yeah... Friends"

We were almost at London, looking at the window I could see all the buildings and cars roaming the streets. King's Row was in full order, people everywhere with smiles across their faces as if the past doesn't bother them one bit. It hurt to see this place again but nothing hits better like home, my gaze returned to my hands as we began to descend to a nearby landing pad.

Brigitte: "Alright you, time to get up and stop sulking, for now at least"

Y/N: "You're right, but it doesn't help"

Brigitte: "C'mon, lets go have fun before getting to the depressing part, we've got today and tomorrow before heading back and I haven't been to England let alone London before"

Y/N: "Alright alright, you want me to show you around?"

Brigitte: "Lead the way chauffer"

I began to lead the way, there is so many stores I've never seen before, I guess that's what happens when you haven't been around for quite along time. The streets are different but still familiar to me  and then we walked under the arch way to reveal the Mondatta statue in all it's glory

 The streets are different but still familiar to me  and then we walked under the arch way to reveal the Mondatta statue in all it's glory

Y/N: "This is the statue of-"

Brigitte: "Mondatta... I never met the guy but he is a big inspiration for the people who wish for Omnic and humans to coexist"

I chuckled to myself as Brigitte turned around glaring

Y/N: "Lena really has told you a lot, while it is true Mondatta influenced a lot of the movement, most people lost trust after the events Null sector pulled"

Brigitte: "But just because Null sector did bad things it doesn't mean all Omnics are bad"

Y/N: "I didn't say that, It will take time for trust to be restored but maybe, just maybe it will happen"