Chapter 10 - Memory Lane

A week had passed since the events of Cairo, a significant amount of damage had be done to Cairo by Talon and the wounds had only just began to heal, Y/N was immediately sent to emergency care back in Gibraltar to be left in the care of Dr Ziegler. Brigitte, Tracer, Pharah, Genji and Ana were left to clean up what remained, Talon had completely abandoned their outpost and disappeared without a trace.

Brigitte's POV

All of this happened over the course of almost two weeks, damage done to Egypt, injuries inflicted on my friends and everlasting marks left engraved in my skin. I look down at the bullet wound turned scar, It doesn't even hurt anymore, not physically at least. Y/N got the worst of it, a fractured rib, multiple bullet wounds as well as his already broken arm, It was a miracle he could even move in the first place, I just wish he'd consider his own health sometimes.

The sound of footsteps approach you from behind

Tracer: "How you holding up love?"

Brigitte: "I'm not terrible, just coming to terms with everything, so much has happened recently, I've never got to have the time to just sit down and think about things"

Tracer: "I hear you on that, missions never get easier y'know, as much as you can do one after another, nothing can mentally prepare you for what you will face, its always inevitable"

Brigitte: "How do you stay so calm and focused?"

Tracer: "Look... We are only human, emotions can come and go like that, there was one moment where I hesitated, and I let the opportunity slip away from me"

Brigitte: "You mean..."

Tracer: "I've never told you the story of Mondatta's death, I don't tell anyone the story, Its not something I'm proud of"

Brigitte: "So she was telling the truth?"

Tracer: "Its complicated, but I trust you to listen to every word of it"

Lena then began to tell the story of what happened in Kings Row shortly after Winston's recall, I listened to every word she said, saw every expression she made and gave her the comfort she needed.

Brigitte: "You tried Lena, that's all I could've asked from you, at the end of the day Mondatta didn't die for nothing, He's inspired you to do better"

Tracer: "I hold that very dear to me, ever since then I've always kept my cool, and now I have people I can rely on too"

Lena then bumps my arm with her elbow, I smirk at her and she smirks back

Brigitte: "Thanks for telling me Lena"

Tracer: "Of course, you are the super close and totally not attached friend of my bestie"

Brigitte: "Lena... I do like Y/N, but now is not the time, I want to care for him, be what Reinhardt is to me, someone to look up to and aspire to be, in such a short time he has done so much I wish I could do"

Tracer: "Its tough, a good looking guy in such a cruel world, he aspires to be like you and Reinhardt but in his own way, I'd be pretty on edge if I were him, almost dying twice now is no easy task to come back from"

I began to look at Lena, fidgeting with my fingers, Lena could tell something was on my mind but I could tell she didn't want to keep poking at my personal life.

Brigitte: "Is there something you want to know?"

Tracer: "Well... Y/N did avoid me as much as he could back on Gibraltar, so what did you to get up to after you arrived?"