Chapter 17 - Yokai

Night turned to day as the sun rose upon the Kanezaka horizon, after last night I've come to the realization that this place has a deep influence set by the Hashimoto to root out  and it seems I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Kiriko has a rebellious spirit and is willing to put everything on the line but is kept in line by her mother, I see both their points of Kiriko wanting to take the fight to them and Asa's point of wanting to leave them be because it would only be hurting Kanezaka more, but we cant just sit here and let them do whatever they want. I didnt have much to do today, kinda just settling in for today. Then I felt a vibration in my pocket where turning it on I could see I had received two different messages, a message from Genji, a message from Kiriko and a missed phone call from Brigitte. I decided to open Kiriko's first to see what its all about, she said she would be in touch to keep me in the loop.

Opening the message it said

Kiriko: "Heya, I did say I would keep in touch and my mum is very protective of me so I've been debating messaging you. Anyways, I'm messaging you because I think I should introduce you to my crew now rather than later, and I know that I was saying you should rest but I have feeling that me saying that wont stop you anyway. Come to this warehouse by the dock this evening without being followed, and check your wardrobe, I had one of mine hook you up with an outfit based off the armor I got a look at in your duffle bag"

She hooked me up with a set of gear that quickly? Kiriko's more resourceful than I though she was not to mention getting it from there to here in a matter of hours, I should also call Brigitte back while I can, she may be worried about me for no reason. I put the phone up to my ear as I lean up against the wall by my window, hearing the three rings followed by a soothing and familiar voice.

Y/N: "Hey Brig, its me"

Brigitte: "Y/N? I was so worried when you didn't pick up, what happened to you?"

Y/N: "I'm fine, just had my hands full settling in to this place, don't tell me you've been worrying about me"

Brigitte: "I always worry about you, you know you'd be on your third time if you almost kick the bucket on me"

Y/N: "Sometimes you worry too much about me..."

Brigitte: "How can I not? You're my boyfriend whos almost killed himself cause you like to live life on the edge"

Y/N: "Okay, that may be true but I can handle myself... maybe"

Brigitte: "Ill stop worrying... Genji is there to bail you out anyways"

Y/N: "Exactly. Don't worry, Ill be back with you in no time, that's a promise"

Brigitte: "I hope so. I love you"

Y/N: "Love you too. Tell Lena I miss her sassy attitude already"

Brigitte: "Ugh, okay. Don't hurt yourself, okay?"

Y/N: "Ill try not to"

I hung up the phone to immediately reply to Genji's message which ended up amounting to

Genji: "Hey Y/N, how was your first night?"

I decided I probably shouldn't tell him about the encounter I had with the Hashimoto to avoid making him worry too much about what I'm doing and have him focus on what he came here to do.

Y/N: "What's up, didn't get up to much. Pretty much just settling in and meeting some new people"

I put my phone away as I began to check the closet for the outfit Kiriko had tailored up, I guess she put together my size after... you know what, I'm just glad things didn't go even more south from the south state I put myself towards last night. Sliding open the door there it was hung up in a neat fashion, a black hoodie mixed with a purple striping and padded with a thin metal to allow for mobility while protecting me all the same, a pair of black and baggy long legged pants with pockets lining both leggings. It beats having to carry what in comparison to this would be Reinhardt's armor around on my shoulders, that man has to be super strong and enduring.