01: The Start of Muda

The desert sands of Cairo were stained crimson with the blood of the fallen. Two titans stood locked in battle, their powers clashing in an endless stream of energy and force. Dio Brando, the immortal vampire, and Jotaro Kujo, the master of Star Platinum, had been locked in combat for what seemed like an eternity.

Both of them knew it, determination etched inside their eyes. The climax of the battle was approaching, and the time to decide whether or not ultimate justice or world domination would be the outcome of their battle.

"IT'S TIME TO END THIS, JOTARO!" Dio yelled, the world manifesting behind him as time once again stopped and with it, the road roller that had been placed on top of Jotaro.

His eyes went wide, immediately summoning star platinum in an attempt to save himself by pushing the road roller away but to no avail, and he was soon crushed by the weight of it accompanied by a final punch from the world.

"Hmph," Dio smirked triumphantly amidst the black and white city. He had won, he was sure of it.

"FINALLY, ALL OF THE JOESTARS ARE DEAD." He yelled blissfully as he began to cackle. "AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT MY POWER HAS GROWN! 10 SECONDS, 11 SECONDS!"

Ecstasy fueled his mind that he failed to realize that his body was slowly starting to harden and lose their color until it was too late.

"Yare Yare Daze." Jotaro's voice echoed from behind him, yet there wasn't anything he could do but stare in disbelief.

"W-WHAT!? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE"

"Kisama wa kono ku- byoukan ni te wo tora rareta no wa, saigo ni watashi datta to iu koto ni kizukanakatta Dio."

"I... CAN'T UNDERSTAND!"

"ORA!" Star platinum then delivers a precise punch to his stomach, sending Dio flying once time had resumed.

Time seemed to have slowed down, not stop, in Dio's eyes as he felt an unknown feeling coursing through his body.

Was it pain?

His eyes widened from shock and disbelief, even as he flopped to the road like a lifeless doll. He couldn't believe it that he, the great Dio, was experiencing something trivial as pain.

With heavy breaths, he pulled himself up, and their showdown continued. With ice and cold stares, they looked at each other, neither one of them moving as they observed when the other would strike.

"JOTARO," Dio yelled, ending their stalement and delivering a right hook using the world.

"DIO!" Jotaro yelled back with the same intensity, star platinum, and The World meeting once again in one final clash.

"USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS USELESS"

"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA"

A fierce flurry of punches erupted between the two powerhouses, creating enough force to create gusts of wind that ravaged the area.

But then, the battle was decided as the world tried to throw off star platinum with a kick but was met with a precise punch that neither blocked it but also had done the impossible.

"W-WHAT!?" Dio shrieked, feeling another immense wave of pain as a crack appeared on the world's leg.

Jotaro had managed to withstand the onslaught and had now launched a counterattack, striking Dio with all his might.

Dio was reeling, his body battered and broken. He could feel his once-invincible powers slipping away, fading into nothingness. But he refused to go down without a fight. With one last burst of energy, he summoned all his remaining strength and launched a final attack.

"ZA WARUDO!" he screamed as he stopped time once more, intending to deliver the killing blow to Jotaro.

But to his shock, he found that Jotaro was still moving. The young man had somehow managed to maintain his own time flow, and he launched himself at Dio with all his might. Their fists collided in a deafening roar, and the impact was felt for miles around.

As the dust settled, Dio found himself lying on the ground, defeated. He could feel his life force fading away, his body slowly deteriorating. For the first time in centuries, he felt fear - fear of his own mortality.

As he looked up at Jotaro, who stood over him, Dio's mind raced with a jumble of conflicting thoughts. He wondered if he had made the right choices in life if he had truly lived up to his potential as a being of such immense power. And as he looked into Jotaro's eyes, he saw something that he had never expected to see - a twinge of respect.

In that moment, Dio felt a strange sense of peace. Maybe, he thought, this was what he had been missing all along - the knowledge that even he, the great Dio, could be brought low by something as simple as mortality.

And with that, his mind went dark, and Dio passed from this world, leaving behind a legacy of power, arrogance, and ultimately, defeat.

But then his consciousness once again flickered into existence, and he opened his eyes to a world that was both familiar and strange. He felt something was very wrong. Instead of the dark abyss that he had expected to wake up to after his death, he was in a strange room, lying on a bed that was far too soft and comfortable for his liking.

The last thing he remembered was the sensation of his body disintegrating into dust, and then... nothing.

As he sat up, he caught sight of his reflection in a nearby mirror and recoiled in shock. The face staring back at him was not the one he remembered. The man in the mirror had blond hair and red eyes, and he looked unmistakably Japanese.

"Ho? How distasteful," the Japanese  mam muttered in conjuction to Dio's thoughts, making it impossible to deny that he had been reincarnated.

A great deal of disappointment washed over him. Gone were his powerful vampiric abilities, and with it his sense of invincibility. But perhaps this was good. He remembered the peacefulness that he had felt moments before he died.

Perhaps he could experience it this time?

A maniacal cackle escaped his lips.

"As if I, the great Dio, would pass up the opportunity to take over a new world." He sighed to himself and flexed his bicep, frowning at the lack of strength behind them yet accepted it.

"It is not as strong as Jonathan's body, but it is a mere upgrade from my original physique."

A rush of excitement filled him. The idea of conquering this new world provided him with a newfound thrill that could be compared to the first time he became a vampire.

"Tsk,"

His face then warped into a frown, feeling frustrated from the fact he was defeated. Not only that, but he was trapped in a mortality body— How was he gonna reclaim his former glory?

But then, he remembered something he had learned long ago - that the true power lay not in one's body, but in their mind.

With that thought in mind, Dio prepared himself to explore the world, determined to rise to the top once more. He knew it would be a challenge, but he relished the chance to prove his strength once more.

His red eyes glimmering with fierce determination as he opened the door of the room, greeted by the morning rays.

He may have been mortal bow, but that didn't change who he was.

And he was Dio Brando— A force to be reckoned with.