44: Y/N

In the depths of his mind, Dio found himself plagued by haunting memories from his past. Flashbacks of a childhood marred by his father's cruel beatings surfaced in his mind, leaving him trembling with suppressed emotions. He remembered the pain, the fear, and the desperate longing for love and care.

But amidst the darkness, there was a glimmer of light. Memories of his mother, a beacon of warmth and tenderness, offered respite from the harsh reality. She had been his solace, the one who tried to shield him from the world's cruelty. But even her love couldn't completely erase the scars left by his father's abuse.

Then, the scene shifted to the days when he had been taken in by the Joestars, and a mix of conflicting emotions arose within Dio. He had been given a chance at a new life, a chance to escape his tragic past, but his heart was hardened by years of suffering.

Jonathan Joestar, the epitome of kindness and virtue, had reached out to him with genuine affection. Despite Dio's cold and distant demeanor, Jonathan had never given up on him. He treated Dio like a brother, trying to connect with him even when it seemed impossible.

In the depths of his mind, Dio couldn't help but question if he was right in holding on to his resentment and thirst for power. Was it truly too late for him to change? Could he let go of his past and embrace a different path?

As if summoned by his thoughts, Jonathan appeared in his memories, a gentle smile on his face. "You can change, Dio," he said softly, his voice a soothing balm to Dio's troubled soul. "It's never too late to find happiness."

"How?" Dio's voice wavered with vulnerability, a side of him he rarely showed to anyone.

"You already have a reason," Jonathan replied, a glint of conviction in his eyes. He beckoned Dio to look deeper into his memories.

In the memory, Dio saw Aqua, Ruby, and Ai running away from him, their laughter echoing in the air. He stood there, wrapped in a towel around his waist, trying to catch up to them with hints of playfulness on his frowning face. But their fear and rejection of him stung his heart.

"That's your reason, Dio," Jonathan said gently. "You don't have to be feared or hated. You can be loved, and you can find joy in the company of others."

A tear escaped Dio's eye as he gazed at the memory, but he quickly wiped it away as he averted his eyes. The weight of his past and the burden of his actions weighed heavily on him. But in that moment, he felt a glimmer of hope.

He turned to Jonathan, feeling a mix of gratitude and regret. "Can I really change? Can I be happy?"

Jonathan smiled, his hand resting warmly on Dio's shoulder. "Yes, you can," he said firmly. "It won't be easy, and there will be challenges, but it's worth it. You can find happiness, Dio, and you can be the man I know you could be."

In that moment, Dio felt that the path was walking on had ended, and what awaited him was yet another path. He knew he couldn't erase his past, but he could choose a different future. He could strive to be better to shed the darkness that had consumed him for so long.

...For one last time," Y/N whispered, his eyes narrowing as he glared at Hikaru. Deep within, he vowed to put an end to this villain once and for all. His resolve strengthened as he looked down at Ai, who gazed back at him with a mix of sadness and hope.

"Y/N?" Ai called out, seeking reassurance. With a silent nod, Y/N affirmed his determination before a surge of power coursed through him. He stomped his feet, commanding the water to rise up and rain down upon his adversaries.

"Blagh! Dirty water!" Hol Horse protested, shielding himself from the cascading water with closed eyes. However, his companion reacted swiftly, slicing at Y/N as he attempted to evade.

"One second," Y/N calculated in his mind, dashing out of harm's way and clutching onto nearby railings for support. The weakening feeling gnawed at his body, but he refused to yield. He forced his Stand to stimulate his heart and raced forward.

"The World!" he roared, freezing time in an instant. Though he had honed his Stand's power, he couldn't wield it recklessly. One second was the limit he could push himself. Any longer, and his heart might give out, risking his life.

Within the suspended moment, he acted with precision. He launched a direct punch at Anubis' swords, buying himself more time before time resumed, and he gasped for air, his heart racing in his chest.

It wasn't enough strength to shatter Anubis, but it was a strategic move to gain an advantage.

"The wo—"

"Look out!" Ai's voice rang out in warning, and Y/N instinctively ducked, barely avoiding a speeding bullet by a hair's breadth.

"...tsk, you're so forgettable that I didn't realize you were still here," Y/N taunted Hol Horse, who only smirked and toyed with his gun.

"Be careful, Y/N! That gun looks strange."

"... wait, you can see the gun?" Y/N asked, taken aback by the revelation, but his focus was quickly diverted as Anubis made another swift attempt to strike him.

"Pathetic lord Di—"

"It's Y/N," he corrected Hol Horse, a cocky smirk forming on his lips. "Dio isn't worthy enough to bear the brilliance of my new name, Y/N."

He struck a pose, exuding a prideful flair, and taunted his adversaries with confidence.

"And what about you? Have you seen enough?" Y/N's gaze pierced through the darkness, addressing the third figure lurking in shadows.

"I have," the figure replied, their green eyes shining through the obscurity as a burst of emerald light filled the hallway.

"EMERALD SPLASH!" the figure proclaimed.