06: Another One

"Woah, there's so many people!" Ruby said in amazement while squirming around Dio's grip, not caring about the fact he was very close to the edge where he would just throw her to the crowd for his own amusement.

He was currently standing at the backstage of the concert hall, gazing upwards and all around them at the sight of millions of people filling the dome. It was truly a sight to behold for even one such as himself. There were no other words to describe it, but it truly was an amazing spectacle.

Still, he found it distasteful that a singular woman had gathered such devoted followers when even he, dio, couldn't have done it with his greatness and power. What was it that he was missing?

But over time, his frustration grew to that of amusement. The more he noticed their gaze, the more it seemed that it was merely hollow devotion to the group of girls dancing on the stage.

He scoffed, "Is this what you had wanted to show me, Aqua Hoshino? The mindless following of a crowd?"

"Mindless?

"Look at all their faces, Aqua." Dio then pointed at the group below the stage, who seemingly yawned at the sight of the girls. "They are merely staring at your idols with a look like it was merely attraction and not admiration that had gathered them today."

Aqua sighed before looking at Dio in disdain."I told you wait for Ai, not her co-idols."

"Hmm? What?" Dio asked, perplexed.

Were the group before him, not idols? Could it be that they were merely decoys for the real idol, Ai Hoshino, to show up and revitalize the stage?

It was then the stadium lights grew dark, the idols from before seemingly rushing out of the stage in a flurry as smoke began to fill the stage.

"Oh, She's here." Aqua pointed out, and Dio quickly corrected his gaze at the rising figure of Ai Hoshino.

As if a spell had been casted on the entire stadium, each and every one, man or woman, child or adult, all stood up in anticipation. The dark stadium was filled with colorful lights as each held a pair of purple sticks that glowed amidst the darkness.

Music then filled the room as the spotlights turned on, showcasing Ai in all of her glory as the beat of the drums suddenly dropped.

"Muteki no egao de arasu media
Shiritai sono himitsu misuteriasu"

She sang with a melodius voice that almost seemed taunting, the crowd going wild as she continued to sing.

"Nuketeru toko sae kanojo no eria
Kanpeki de usotsuki na kimi wa"

"Tensaitekina aidoru sama"

The crowd sang along, moving their glowsticks according to the beat of the song, resembling brightly shining stars that bathed the stage in their overwhelming glow.

Dio simply stood there, frozen from what seemed to be the first time he was speechless from how much devotion and admiration filled the entire room. So much that he felt that they transcended the devotion of his own followers from before.

He watched as Ai hoshino continued to captivate the masses with her flawless smile, melodius voice, and exquisite dance moves. He was certain that she was interesting, but now she seemed to have gotten more value in his eyes.

Not only that, he could see that she was greedy. Incredibly so, the other idols beside her couldn't compete, and thus, the group solely relied on her.

An idol group, created solely for the purpose of gathering popularity for Ai Hoshino. That was the true identity of B-Komachi.

It was evil. It was diabolical. Distorting the dreams of the girls beside her that hoped they could shine as bright as Ai. The truth of the group felt refreshing to Dio so much that he had begun to enjoy the music itself.

A song about deception, a song about manipulating the media. It was truly a song that Ai Hoshino would sing as a taunting action to the blind masses that followed her.

"Tokui no egao de wakasu media
Kakushikiru kono himitsu dake wa" Ai then turned around and faced Dio with an enigmatic smile on her lips, which made him smirk in return.

"Aishiteru tte uso de tsumu kyaria
Korekoso watashi nari no ai da"

Dio scoffed, unsure what the gesture was, but frankly, he couldn't care. He was focused on the shocked expressions of Aqua and Ruby, who was frozen in place after hearing their names in the song.

Though not much, the face of pure shock and disbelief was something he always enjoyed. Albeit it wasn't from him, they were still amusing all the same.

It was then that Dio spotted a suspicious movement amongst the crowds. A familiar person, now with someone else, walked through the excited mass and headed towards the stage as the song reached its climax.

He then smirked, his amusement reaching his peak as he recognized the first one as the man he had punched. It was truly a great opportunity.

"Aqua Hoshino, tell me." Dio called out to Aqua as he placed the two of them down and stretched his limbs.

"What would becoming the Hero of Ai Hoshino do for me?" He asked with a sinister grin, which confused Aqua.

"Well... not that much right now, but you might get your own followers over time, and might even get some of her fame?"

Dio clicked his tongue at the answer,"Give me a satisfactory answer, Aqua Hoshino!" He yelled in bliss as the song was about to finish.

"Well... if you become Ai's hero, then you can get a lot of benefits and might even jumpstart your career if you're lucky!"

"Fine, I shall take that answer as it is!"

Dio rushed out of the backstage and unto the main stage, surpising both Aqua and Ruby but not as much as Ai who was singing the last verse of her song, intending it as a tribute to both Aqua and Ruby but was left petrified at the sight of two armed men climbing up the stage.

Thinking she was gonna die for real, she simply faced towards the direction where Aqua and Ruby was, smiling a genuine smile at Dio, who simply rushed towards her.

"Ah, yatto ieta," she sighed into the mic, her voice going from her melodius singing voice to her calm, motherly tone.

"Kore wa zettai uso janai, Aishiteru"

" ZA WARUDO!" Dio yelled, stopping time just at the moment the bullets sailed through the wit and as Aqua and Ruby were about to scream.

He panted hard, he hasn't screamed that loud ever since he was reincarnated, but he was soon back to his feeling of invincibility.

Cockily, he walked towards Ai. Brushing his fingers down her cheeks to wipe away the tear that fell.

"Rejoice Ai Hoshino, you are an interesting individual, and you shall be my first step in ruling this world through what your son called the media."

He then faced the two gunners, a prideful grin plastered on his face as he pointed at them.

"YOU MORONS, HOW DARE PEASANTS SUCH AS YOURSELF TRY AND HARM WHAT I, THE GREAT DIO, HAVE CLAIMED!?" He shouted with the world manifesting beside him, its fists clenched tightly to deliver a killing blow.

"NOW FACE JUDGEM—what." Dio froze. He noticed that the color had returned to the world and the unmistakable feeling of pain coursed through his body.

From the side, he could hear Aqua facepalming as he was forced to kneel, clutching the gun wounds he suffered.

"Y-Y/N-san!? Are you okay?? How did you do that!?" Ai panicked, her arms gripping Dio's side his vision seemed to dim.

"I...got...too...cocky." was all he said, reprimanding himself as he soon passed out from blood loss.