08:Bodyguard

"Ai Hoshino, how long have you been eavesdropping on us?" Dio asked, unamused as he soon discovered Ai's bright eyes peeking through the tiny cracks of the door.

"Not that long, I just heard something about you staying with us." Ai excitedly answered as she entered, locking the door behind her before closing the curtains of every window in the room.

It was a very strange action to Dio, but he did not question it, passing it off as some sort of precautionary method that people of his stature must do when talking to someone important as him.

"Ho, no matter how amazing you are, Ai Hoshino. You mustn't eavesdrop on people, especially if it's between your precious son and I, as we have very important discussions. "

"Hmm?" Ai tilted her head in confusion before flashing a mischievous smile that made Dio reel back.

"Did you want to surprise me with your plan?" She assumed, causing Dio to sweat profusely from how far off she was from the truth. "You don't have to do that, silly. I've already arranged it with the producer!"

Silence filled the room as the news dropped like a nuke to everyone inside the room. It was natural. One would normally ask permission before planning such circumstances,yet Ai Hoshino had entirely skipped Dio's own opinions on the matter.

"Mom... you didn't go with your plan, right?" Aqua mumbled, fear and anxiety evident on his tone as Ai  innocently looked at her child and pat his head.

"Don't worry, Aqua, the producer liked the idea of Y/N as my bodyguard." She giggled, clearly enjoying the moment she was having.

Dio's eyebrow twitched, disbelief plastered on his face as his lips quivered into both a frown and a sinister grin that made Ruby fearful for her own life as she knew she was at the bottom of his favor list.

"B-but Mama, don't you think Y/N-san here is better at acting or being a model? Maybe he can be an idol, too!"

Ruby blurted out, stopping Ai from her antics as she pretended to think before sticking her tongue out in an act to downplay her words.

"I tried it, but the producer said Y/N-san got his fame as my hero, so everyone's assuming he's my bodyguard, so he needs to stay that way for at least five years, sorry!" Ai gushed out, seemingly unapologetic or guilty about anything she said.

It was rather the opposite. No one could deny the happiness behind her brightly shining eyes that it even made the great Dio, unable to resist letting it go. It was but a minor setback, after all, and protecting Ai would prove beneficial in learning how to properly use the media.

"Very Well, Ai Hoshino." Dio sighed. "I shall be your bodyguard for now. However, I expect that you have plans for me after the five year period?"

Dio asked, not to Aqua, not to Ai, but at the man standing behind the door. Once again, he had found another eavesdropper, and it irritated him even more as an adult eavesdropping is much worse than a young mother.

"I'm surprised you knew I was here," The president sighed and entered as Ai opened the door for him.

"I tried entering, but the door was locked, so I had to assume something like the two of you having some secret relationship. "

Everyone was simply unamused with his words. Sensing that he was rather unwelcome, the producer cleared his throat and extended a handshake to Dio.

"Saito Ichigo, I'm the president of strawberry productions and Ai's manager." He introduced himself as Dio simply stared at his hands before reluctantly reaching out for it.

"Hijikita Y/N." Dio introduced himself before settling back to his bed. "Now, Ichigo Saito, what is your plan for me?"

Ichigo sighed, not used to the blatant disrespect the man was giving him, yet he wasn't about to back down. He had an eye for talent, and even though the man before him was shot because of his dramatic personality, he was like a diamond in the rough.

"Due to the fact that people are calling you Ai's hero, and the fact we can't really hire any bodyguards for Ai since of her situation. " Ichigo glanced at the twins before sighing. "We really need you to protect Ai, plus it can help avoid a scandal since there are some people who's assuming you're Ai's lover. "

"Naturally, it had long been known that greatness would always be paired with one another, such as the sun and moon, life and death, wine and steak." Dio rambled on, not even caring about the alleged scandal.

"But can I not act as a bodyguard whilst having my own career?" He asked with a frown.

"It's complicated," Ichigo shook his head. "The people only see you as a hero, not an actor or an idol. So if you have a debut after this, then they're just gonna think we gave you a chance to repay you."

Dio's eyebrow twitched at the idea of people pitying him. Calming himself down, he soon realized what the president was saying and slowly nodded his head.

"Very well, then should I assume you'll have me follow Ai Hoshino around her activities in order to build up my fame and to protect her?"

"Pretty much, if you make it big with small roles, then it won't be long until I can get you a pretty big one, so just wait patiently."

Dio scoffed, waiting patiently was something trivial to a man such as himself who had waited a decade to realize his dreams of grandeur. If he could wait a decade or a century, then he could wait five years.

"Very well, once I am allowed to leave. I shall return home and prepare myself for the job. "

"Oh, there's no need for that," Ai giggled as she brought up a peace sign. "I've already had your stuff moved to the new place we're staying in, pretty great, right?"

Dio deadpanned at Ai as everyone seemingly grew silent, already expecting it from her.

"Ai hoshino."

"Yes?"

"Come closer, please."

Ai happily obliged and soon regretted it as Dio delivered a precise flick to her forehead, an insignificant portion of his ire towards her mannerisms.

"Next time, ask me first. Understood?"

"Hai..."

Ai replied with a pout, but even her cuteness was no match against an English man.