2-1 Eh?

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

"Ehhh????"

"Ehhhhh!????"

They stood there, frozen in disbelief and denial, wondering if they had accidentally voiced their true feelings out loud.

"Oh gosh, did I really say that out loud!?" Ai's mind raced, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. She frantically fanned herself, trying to cool down her flushed face.

"Oh my gods, like, I totally did!" Her inner voice screamed, and she hid her face behind her hands, trying to dampen the squeals of excitement.

"...tsk, there is no way I said that out loud." Y/N muttered, looking away, scolding himself for being careless enough to reveal his true emotions.

He couldn't have said it aloud. Y/N was the master of his words, the conqueror of his own emotions. There was no way he would let such a terrible mistake slip past him.

He didn't say anything, and even if he did, Ai couldn't have heard him, he reassured himself.

As they both calmed down, their eyes timidly met again before quickly averting their gazes.

"I REALLY DID MAKE A BLUNDER."

"AHHH, I CAN'T FACE HIM RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T."

Ai gleefully squirmed in her place, feeling overwhelmed as Y/N's eyes seemed momentarily lost in thought.

"Y-you misheard me... I said uh... I said I love hurt, like the feeling of pain. Yes, it makes me feel alive." Y/N nodded, trying to cover up his blunder, and settled himself down in Ai's room.

"Hehe, well." Ai giggled and playfully leaned closer to Y/N's face, causing his heart to skip a beat.

"I meant what I said," she whispered close to his ear, planting a chaste kiss on his cheek. "I L O V E you, Y/N~"

The cheerful declaration danced in the air, and Ai twirled happily, her heart racing with excitement, but she suddenly stopped and faced Y/N with a playful pout.

"So... if you don't take back what you said about you love hurt, then I'll be really upset." She pretended to be hurt, using her best puppy eyes to make her point, and it was highly effective. Y/N felt his resolve weaken as he found himself almost giving in to her demands.

"I... uh..." Y/N stuttered, his pride refusing to let him retract his words, which only annoyed Ai even more.

"Nghh... Y/N I'm really gonna be upset." She threatened, a hint of sadness in her voice as she played with her hair.

"Tsk, don't toy with me Ai Hoshino." Y/N deadpanned, grabbing her hand and spinning her around, causing her to land on his chest.

"I said I've helplessly fallen in love with you, idiot." Y/N frowned, clearly embarrassed but also feeling the warmth bubbling up in his chest as he looked down at Ai's smiling eyes.

The warmth was foreign to him, something he had long since forgotten since the days he spent with his late mother. Yet, he began to remember the same feeling whenever he was with Ai for the past year. It was a feeling he never imagined was still possible for someone like him, the prince of darkness.

With a sigh, he opened his eyes, revealing a gentle and loving gaze that captivated Ai's heart.

Ai looked up at him, puckering her lips in an expectant manner, hoping for a kiss, but Y/N's panic took over.

"A-ai Hoshino, I am sure you are tired for the night. You must get some sleep." Y/N blurted out, using his Stand to escape through the window before Ai could respond.

"H-Hey! No fair! You can't keep me hanging like that! I've waited for this for months!" Ai yelled, pulling her leg out the window to follow him.

"W-wait!" Y/N yelled, stopping her, concerned she might hurt herself.

"What!?" She angrily replied, but he quickly gathered his composure and cleared his throat.

"...you have a concert soon." He began, and Ai calmed down, still serious about her career.

"...After the concert, I'll give it to you by then." Y/N continued, averting his gaze, trying to hide his flustered expression.

Ai stared at him in silence for a moment before pouting with tears threatening to fall.

"J-just wait, will you! I need to make it a confession worthy of Y/N!" He declared and ran off, fear of losing himself if he continued gazing into her eyes that seemed to consume his soul.

Left alone, Ai sighed sadly and rested her head on her arm, gazing wistfully at the moonlight that had shone behind Y/N, making her giggle.

"...Meanie, making me wait an entire week again." She pouted, then suddenly shot up with a determined look on her face.

"Well... I waited this long." Ai shrugged to herself and slowly walked back to her bed, taking out a shirt hidden underneath her pillow and basking in its scent.

The shirt belonged to Y/N, used and carelessly thrown in the laundry, which she had discreetly borrowed.

"Soon... I won't need to take his shirts anymore." She sighed dreamily before shooting up again, a serious look on her face.

"Wait... he said he'd give it to me. he can't possibly mean..." Ai's thoughts trailed off, and her face turned bright red as she tossed around on her bed.

"URGH... STUPID, I CAN'T SLEEP NOW."

She cursed to no one, her voice echoing in the quiet night.