Besmirched Life

Flash Back

"Momma, Dada, lets go."  Grace shouted from the car. Today her brother, Ace and her sister in law are coming back from the long trip. But it is not what she was excited about, the twenty year old was excited about meeting her handsome nephew of seven months.

For Ace and  Lina it was no big deal, they travel every now and then because both of them were part of the states army, but she was going to meet, Gem, her nephew for the first time.

She won't give him to anyone. She was a lover of kids. She loved kids with heart content. And she had made plans of what she will do with her beautiful nephew. She will doll him up and then she will again wash him and doll him up. She was just so excited.

And in meantime they reached the airport. She waved to her brother and sister in law and they both waved back. Her brother Ace like always was picking all the bags and Lina was having the baby. Without sharing any greetings, the over excited grace took Gem in her hands. So small.

She rubbed his nose with her finger softly, like he was a petal of rose. Lina laughed at Gracie. She is so going to spoil him.

They all arrived home and like always, his mom was just talking to her dear son. Sometimes this annoyed Grace. How can she love him so much. She knew that her mother loved Ace more than her, but she cared least about it.

And about her father he adored both her and Lina like their own daughters. She was his daughter, but Lina was an orphan. She never got love of parents. When Ace first brought her home, She was shy and nervous. They met during their training in army and started dating and not long after they got married.

"No please leave him here." Grace whined. They were going back to another mission in a few days. " What will he do with you guyss..." She reasoned. And after a long fight they agreed to leave Gem with her.

And now she thanks god for that small banter with her life.

AFTER A MONTH

The bell rang and Gracie ran to open the door. SHe opened it and found Liam. Liam was a collegeaue of his brother and Lina. 

"Liam.." She jumped and hugged him, but like always he did not hugged her back, she frowned and broke the hug.

"Whats wrong Sergeant." She said bumping her shoulder in his but he just bowed his head down. Grace's mother and father came out of the room form the room at the same ime. Thank god Gem was still sleeping.

"Who is it Gracie" her father called. And just then Liam forwarded his hand handing the caps and emblems of Ace and Lina to their mother. Gracie understood what it meant.

No....... No... No no...

"She move back until her back collided with the wall. She slipped down and hugged her brother's cap to her chest tightly. Her lips and chin wobbled.

"What does this all mean..." Her mother shouted and in answer two coffins were brought inside their house. Tears started running thorugh her eyes. 

"NOOOOOO......." Her mother shouted while Grace just looked at the coffins numb hugging her knees and the caps tightly.

"We are sorry." Liam said as tears slipped down his eyes. " The terrorist attacked the camp and  blasted the........" 

Her senses went numb. What had happened..... How did this all happened.....

She was numb, only her mother crying, her father stunned, standing in the corner, could be seen by her. Liam came to her and shook her.