Sturm and Drang

She was irritated now. He was constantly staring at her.

What?!

Ofcourse she knows he was staring at her. She was about to fall when she saw him. She did not wanted to show him that she is too week. He was one intimidating person.

And she was fearing what he will do to her for her behaviour. Will he kill her?!

No, she don't want to die.

"Hey what's up." It was Mrs. Carter.

"Nothing." She whined.

"No there is something...." She forced her. "Tell me.. is everything okay...." She assured her it's nothing and she went away. She was sitting there, stirring the glass when she felt someone's presence beside her. She didn't bother to look up.

But when the person did not moved she raised her bored eyes. She ignored and looked back to her glass only to snap them back to the person.

Her new boss.... .

She stood up abruptly.

"S..sir..." She said.

"What are you doing?!" He asked.

Enjoying to the fullest..... How much she wants to smack his handsome gorgeous face.

" N..nothing " the hell she was stuttering for.

"Hmm.. sit down." He said. She was about to deny but he sent a questioning glare to her.

Dare to say know.... Was what she concluded from his glare.

She sat stiff in her position with her both palms on her knees. He pursed his lips to stop himself from laughing. He also sat down near to her.

"So...." She snapped her attention to him but looked down the very next moment. He knew he had a certain effect on female population but hers was way too different.

She was not seducing him, neither throwing vicious smile, just behaving......

Awkward....

"Y...yes...." She said.

"We are working together" he asked her. She just nodded not looking at him once.

"It means we need to know each other." He said grabbing the drink from the waiter.

Why the hell he want to know her....

"C...certainly...." She tried sounding professional. She thought she will have showed him his position once she met him. But he was way too intimidating to even to be looked at.

"So let's start with your name." He asked.

"My name is Grace Lively and.... And I am twenty five...." She said.

Twenty five.... That was a surprise.... She looked like she is a teen. Not bad. She was just five years younger than him.

"Okay....." He said. Although he did not got what he wanted, but he will find it out soon. Her awkward behaviour means only one thing. She is too committed to her boyfriend, or else no female cam resist his charm.

"Boyfriend?!" He asked in his dark low voice.

"W..what?!" What boyfriend.... She wanted to ask rudely ...

"Boyfriend?!" He asked again. She frowned.

"I... I think it's too per...." She didn't got to complete.

"Boyfriend or not.." he asked, his eyes darkened.

"N..noo...." She said. Jerk.

Her answer followed a pregnant silence.

"Fine." he said.

"It would be a pleasure to work with you....Miss Lively" he said standing up and fixing his tuxedo.

"Same here sir." She said. Never.... She will never work him. Pleasure her foot, she will commit suicide in a day or two......

He forwarded his hand and she reluctantly shook his hand not looking above where his tie lied.

He nodded and left.

She took a huge breath of relief. She wondered how did she just survived. Waving her thoughts away she went from there....

It has been a long night.....

"Thankyou for coming Mr. Knight...." She said bowing half to him. He did the same. She smiled at him.
Right now they were standing on the exit, thanking all the guest who had came to enjoy this lifeless party.

Her cheek hurts by smiling but it was her work after all. She can still feel her jerk boss's gaze on her but it's not like she can do anything about her.

"Thankyou So much for attending Mr. Harper." She said with a big smile to Jack's dad.

"its fine dear." He said.

"Umm....." He wanted to ask something but she knew already what it was.

"He is doing completely fine." He smiled at her
That is why he consider her his daughter. He rubbed his hand through her hairs lovingly.

"Thankyou and it's our secret." He said. She kept her finger on her lips and hushed him. He laughed joint by her.

Finally everything was done and she was free. She sat on the chair with a thud such that her legs went flying in air before landing back on the floor. A sigh of relief left her mouth.

" Miss Lively." She stood up the same way she sat, listening to the sound of Mr. Alexander, well, now her Boss...

"Yes sir." She said in a robotic voice with a smile plastered on her face. He smirked but she did not see it.

"You can rest for tomorrow, and enjoy it, because." She felt anxiety creeping up....

"Because..." She asked. He took steps toward her and stood in front of her.

"Because." He said leaning down. She stood their like statue. "Because who knows when will you be able to live and enjoy again." She frowned at him. What does he even mean.

If he is saying, then alright, she will enjoy tomorrow. She will go home and sleep and then have breakfast and then..... Sleep and then have lunch and then....... sleep and then have dinner and then.......... Sleep.

Yeah!! her way of enjoying.....

Only if Gem and Ami let her sleep to her heart content. Its been so long she had slept a good sleep. She only gets two to three hours for last few months or maybe.... years. She gets her full sleep only on Weekends and one of the reasons she don't goes to parties. Such a time waste.