Blemish

A very dear of mine died a few days ago.... Sorry guys, for slow updates.....🙁

It was such a tiring day. And above all she did not brought her car today. It was a relief she had left Gem at Ami's house. Her best friend. She had to work today even at the holiday due to the arrangements for her boss.

 She was looking up in the sky and walking ahead while her hands tucked in pocket, when her eyes fell on a very familiar resturant. She smiled seeing it. She had met a lot of people in her life after her family left her and all o f them were such good souls. They had helped her termendously. And this resturant was one of those beautiful memories. 

She went inside it and sat on the corner seat from where the outside view was clearly visible. She sat there and slowly raised her hand and touched the doll in front of her, she smiled. The doll was made by her.

FLASH BACK

"No Liam...." She told him. "I can't stay here. I don't have it in me. I can't live where they left me."  

Its been a month her life fell apart. She had stopped blaming her parents for whatever happened, knowing they will not come back. her brother's words have filled her with a determination. Determination to move on....

"But how will you manage in such a big city alone Gracie." Liam confessed. He was like her own brother. He had always been there for her.

"I have an apartment there Liam. My father named it on me when I told him that I want to go for higher Studies to New York." She answered. Her father used all of his savings to buy that apartment for her. Liam just nodded his head in understanding.

And like this another month flew away with her shifting in the apartment and closing up her memories of her house. She will miss it, she will miss them. For the last time she visited the house and found her family photo in which she was giggling and her brother was scoffing because she had pulled his hairs. Lina was laughing at both of them and Her mother and father were busy posing. 

The photo did not had Gem in it. She slid down the wall and hugged the frame and cried. After crying whole night she bid good bye to every neighbour. They were fond of her, but she have to leave.

It was a hell job to find a work in this big city. But she found it when she came to a busy street. She noticed this small resturant with an old lady working in there. She, with uncertain footsteps went inside the resturant.

"Hello" she said in a low voice to the lady

"Hello beautiful." She blushed at the name the lady called her with. "How can I help you."

"Umm.. I was looking fo.. for a job
.. um... If you have...." The lady thought something for a time before flashing her smile.

"I need a waitress, accountant, receptionist and maybe a chef all at one time in one girl." She said. Grace understood that she was not capable of paying different to different people so she need only one person for everything.

"I ..  I can do a .aalll of that." She said. And that was how she got her first job

For a whole year she worked there. She amde friends with Amilia, she also helped her a lot for looking after Gem. She was able to pay her tution fee in the university and still able to save for Gem.

Ace and Lina had recieved a lot amount of money from the country but she denied to use it. It was Gem's right and she saved it for him only. Never once she had used any single penny of it.

She was one lucky person. She had always thought. Her life was going in a swift when one day a multi billionaire came to their restaurant.

He found the girl charming and a capable one. And he was not wrong when he appointed her in his finance branch as a secretary. He groomed her into a confident and capable person and then gave her job Direct under him.

Alex was a reserved person, but with her he felt she was her own daughter. He was not this near even to his own daughter and son. Maybe beacuse they had not seen what a real life pain is like, but Alex and Grace had went through it.

He knew what it takes to crush your own dreams for your loved ones.

They had grew very close from that time....

END

"Beautiful" someone broke her trip to memory lane. It was Mrs. Steve, the owner of this restaurant. She stood up from her seat and hugged her close.

Mrs. Steve broke the hug and cleaned her cheeks. She then realised she was crying all this time. God! She need to work on her emotions.

"How you have been." She asked.

"Perfectly fine." She smiled at her and kissed her on her cheek.

"And Mr. Steve" she looked around to find him.

"Gone on a trip." She said. The couple loved each other to infinity. How come, he went alone....

"Alone" Mrs. Steve nodded

"Without you..." She asked shocked.  Old lady again nodded.

"Did something happened...." She asked narrowing her eyes in suspicion. Mrs. Steve glared at her. And she knew they had a fight.

She raised her hands in defeat.

"Okay okay no more questions." She put her finger on her lips. After a moment of silence they both broke into laughter.

After a chit chat about life and a lot of gossiping about Mr. Steve with the old lady cursing him she finally decided it's time to go back. She had to go to her office really early due to the left out prepration.

She rushed to her apartment and found Gem and Ami sleeping cuddling to each other.

She smiled watching them and then slowly shook Ami.

"You are back." Ami asked getting up rubbing her eyes. She nodded and greeted her.

"Lemme heat up your food you go fresh up." Ami told her.

"Thankyou is not the word I can define my gratitude with Amy..." She told her. Amy just smiled and brushed it off.

She sat on the corner of sofa and looked admiringly at her little angel.

She tenderly ran hand through his hair. Smiling she picked him up and went upstairs to place him on the bed. She put cushions on his sides since he rolls all over the bed in his sleep. Giving him a last glance she went to her small bathroom and after taking a shower she went down.

She found Ami placing dishes all over the table and settled down.

"Thankyou Love." Grace teased her.

"Its okay love." She said. They both have been single. Single since birth. But Ami was not a virgin after an eventful night, but that does not taint her innocent. Both of them laughed and started discussing their single life. Amilia was advicing Grace to have a boyfriend but for Grace the idea was far away, until Gem does not become something. Ami teased her that she will die virgin. But she just laughed and brushed it off. Sometime she just want someone, who c=she can lean on, she can trust.

But she was scared and she knew she won't be able to give time to Gem if she got into a relationship, so she just dropped the idea. But Ami's continious pestering was annoying her. Ami was a party animal, unlike Grace. She knew each and every club of the City. 

They were talking when she heard a very known phone ring tone.

It was of Alex's phone. What was his phone doing in her bag. 

She got up from her place and looked for her phone. She mentally took a note to ask Alex what was his phone doing in her bag but right now she need to pick this person.

She saw the name on the flashing screen which showed 'Brat'.

She picked up the call...

"Umm hello..." Her greeting were treated with a silent until the person from other side exploded.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU...."