Fidus Achates

Vote comment and follow...

Insta Id: blacknight.786

Enjoy your reading.........

"Faster Gem." Gracie called him from the kitchen as usual. A normal day.

"Yesss...." Gem shouted from his room. Fixing his school tie in front of the small mirror, he went down with his backpack. Grace smiled at him and he did too. They had breakfast with occasional talks. Today Grace was going to meet Noah Smith, Gem's best friend. She was nervous and yet not nervous.

"Lets go" Gracie said with a smile as they crossed the footpath.

"Where is your car Gracie." Gem asked and Gracie's smile fell. She now felt like a failure. She may have admitted him to the best school but still, she was not able to come up with the style the riches follow. Although she knew she can never copy people as rich as them . but still she could've tried. Grace had already started a search for a car. She wanted to buy it before Gem's birthday.

"It was company's remember." She told him. "I returned it because, I want to buy my own..... Our own car...." She told him with excitement. Even though Grace knew her boss will never ask her to return the car, but eventually she wanted to, so she had been saving money to buy one.

Her pay was huge. Atleast big enough to buy a car for herself.

"A new car...." Gem jumped in excitement. She did not told him she will be presenting it on his birthday, she wanted to give him a surprise. They went in the bus as it came and stop by. gem was too excited, first for new car and another as usual for school.

After a short trip they went down at his school. 

"Ace....."  A voice as excited as Gem's called from behind. They both turned to see a very cute and handsome boy running to them. He quickly came and jumped on Gem for hug.

"How are you... Ace." Yes, you heard it right, Grace had named gem, Ace Lively in his school. 

"I am fine How are you Noah." Gem said. 

"I am fine too..." The boy then turned to Grace and his eyes lit up. He looked like he was in heavens. His cheeks heated up at the beautiful woman in front of him, even more beautiful then mom. He was mesmerised. The heart could be seen in his eyes. He looked at Grace in admiration.

Grace knelt down and forwarded her hand. Noah, Still mesmerised looked at her hand. He took her hand.

"Hello handsome, I am Grace Lively, Gem's.... Oh sorry.... Ace's Aunt from his father's side." She said pinching his nose lightly, making him blink. Adorable...

"And you can call me Gracie...." She told him. He nodded his head and quickly hugged her.

"Gracie." He said and then giggled.

"Why did you run Noah." A voice, which Grace can identify as his mother's came. They all looked at her.

"Oh Hello..." The very sweet lady said. "I think you are Ace's mother." She concluded even though the girl looked too young to be a mother.

"Oh hello I am Grace, and no Not his mother but his aunt." She told her as they shook each others hand. 

"I am Alexia Smith." She said. Grace had heard this name but she don't know where, so she just waved it off. "I am Noah's mother." Grace smiled at her and patted Noah's head. He again giggled.

"Mama, this is my best friend, Ace." He told gesturing at Ace. "Ace, Mama." He told Ace. 

Ace forwarded his hand and Alexia took it politely. She was quite shocked to see these kind of prepositions in a child. 

"I am Ace Lively, Nice to meet you... Ah.... Can I call you Aunt." Gem asked. Alexia looked at him. 

"Ofcourse sweetheart. Its so sweet of you. Learn from him Noah." She told Noah, looking totally whipped by Gem's ettiquates. Noah pouted. Its not for the first time he was hearing this. His teachers are saying same. Alexia did not noticed it but Grace did.

"Noah, You are good the way you are sweetheart. Ace can also learn much from you. And you from him, you are best friends right?" She said. Noah's pout was long gone, and a smile covered his face.

"I love you." He blurted out making Alexia look at him in shock. She can see the admiration shining in his eyes. It did not took time for Alexia to conclude her thoughts. At times he could be like her brother, she shook her head. But she let it be.

"I wanted to ask if Noah is free this weekend." Alexia looked back at Grace. "I was thinking of taking them both out, for a lunch. Umm.... Its Ace's birthday." She looked hesitant thinking she might deny. It will hurt Gem. But to her surprise, Alexia beamed.

"Ofcourse, send me the address, I will leave him there." She told him. She wanted her child not to have a childhood like hers. Conceited and reserved. She wanted him to enjoy his life to fullest.

"Okay then, You can leave him at my apartment or at the hotel I am taking them to, As per your convienience." 

"Sure, You can text me. Lets exchange numbers." They exchange numbers and had a little chat. Alexia was none like other rich people. She was jolly and outgoing. More like Rebecca. They bid goodbyes and Gracie told Gem to encourage Noah. She knew he may look down on himself if everyone will show Ace being a bliss and him being just his best friend. Alexia lips turned into a soft smile. She was already loving this girl.

The bid goodbyes and went their ways. It was clear from the car that, Alexia was no regular girl, but she was a good woman. Finally, relaxed she went and took the bus to her haunting office, and haunted boss.

She entered her boss's cabin who had ordered her to come as soon as she arrives. After thinking for a minute or two she finally knocked at his door. After hearing a come in she went inside.

"Where were you." The deeper then Mariana trench voice reached her ears. 

None of your business, she thought mentally rolling her eyes.

She wanted to tell him this but decided otherwise. She looked at him.

"I... I.." She tried but nothing came out of her mouth. She was five minutes late.

"What hmm....." He asked.

"I w... was busy." She said not allowing him to invade in her privacy. 

With Whom?! He wanted to shout at her but he knew he stands no ground to ask her that.

"This is your last chance Miss Lively. Next time, you will be out." He told her and she nodded still not meeting his eyes. "UNDERSTOOD." He shouted making her look at him. he did this only to make her look at him afterall. She nodded her head. She was about to go out of the cabin when she stopped and swirled on her toes. He raised his perfect eyebrows at her.

"I..." She started and looked here and there. "I wanted two days leave for.. uh... this weekend." She said hurriedly. He leaned back in his chair.

"And why is that..." He asked.

"Personal Business." She answered.

"What business." He retorted.

"Its a celebration sir. Please, its important and personal." She said, irritated.

"Fine." He said. Her head snapped at him. Fine, what fine. Did he just accepted it. It made her smile

'Her boss is not that bad.'

"Cover up for those two days in your working days, you will be free."

'He is worst...'

But thank god, she got the leave. She wanted to make Gem's birthday special.