CHAPTER ONE

—Delilah Quinn—

The clock couldn't move any faster. Why was it that every time I wanted to go home and sleep...the school clock took its time. I couldn't wait until that damn bell rang, so I could just go on and about my day.

6 long hours in school; and 7 periods to spend it in. I just couldn't catch a break. The rest of the week went by fast but it was always when I waited around for something that it would take such a long time.

"Delilah, would you be kind and tell us what you think the significance of the setting in "To Kill a Mockingbird" is?"

That came from my annoying English teacher that would never just give me a break. All she did was talk and talk and talk. Maybe she just needed someone to bless her and make her release one good time. It'll do us all some justice.

"I guess it's because it establishes the tone and themes of the novel, exploring issues of race and class in the American South during the 1930s; while portraying a place of deep-seated social inequality and injustice." I explained before looking down at the drawings in my notebook.

If she was to walk over here right now; she would be so disappointed in me. But I couldn't careless, I had loving parents to remind me that I was greater than anyone to roam this dumbass place called earth.

"Lovely, for a moment there; I thought you were too focused on Ms. Cartier to know what I was saying."

I glared at her. You see what I mean? Why did she have to call me out like that in front of the class?

In front of her.

And she was obviously so wrong. I wasn't staring at Cartier. I just happened to zone out and the girl was in the way of my zoning.

My eyes widened as I met eyes with Cartier. I briefly looked away and gulped.

Thanks to Ms. Needs to get laid, Cartier is going to have a great time distancing herself away from me even more.

"I was paying attention." I said before looking away from everyone's stares.

The teacher cleared her throat as she seemed like she was ready to speak more but the bell beat her too it.

Everyone got up and started to pack their things to leave. While my English teacher ranted on about homework for the weekend that no one cared about.

I glanced over at Cartier but she had already left without a word leaving her mouth this whole class period.

A sigh briefly escaped my lips before I looked over towards the back to see my best friend smirking at me. She was so loving this.

My best friend = Drama lover.

She had all the details about who did this and when they did it. She lived for drama and honestly, with a girl like me; I'm surprised we are even friends. It's probably just because of the group we have.

Or maybe because I grew up with her and she's like a sister to me. Either way; I was stuck with her for life; so depressing.

Just as I was getting up to make my way out of the class; She walked up to me along with one of my other friends.