CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

—Delilah Quinn—

I found myself in the kitchen after school because I was very hungry. I didn't know why I had such an appetit right now but I did. Besides, Rosalie was coming over and I wanted to cook something nice for her. After all, the confession I got today was very food awarding.

The twins weren't home and neither were my parents, not that it was much of a surprise but it was good seeing as I was planning on doing a lot more than cooking with Rosalie.

As I put a tray of baked chicken into the oven, I turned over towards my fridge and I took out some red and yellow-ish apples for a quick snack. I knew I most likely wasn't going to b able to finish much of my food but I had a tendency of eating while I was bored. It was a huge red flag of mine.

And just as I was about to slice the last slice of the apple, the doorbell rang. I smiled before slowly placing my knife down and wiping my hands off. My feet stumbled up to the door as I opened it, revealing Rosalie. She was smiling just as much as me and she was honestly adorable. She had on something as simple as a white graphic shirt with simple gray sweatpants. Something so simple but someone truly breathtaking made it look like a million dollars.

"Hey..." She said softly as she held out a bouquet of Peonies.

My skin was melting just as much as my heart due to the amount of heat she was causing on me. I was a flustered mess.

"Hey, Rose." I said,

"These are for you." She extended the flowers.

I happily took them from her as I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. I watched as her skin drowned in red before she looked away from me, smiling.

"I hope you didn't eat anything because I've prepared you something homemade." I say before reaching and grabbing her hand as I pulled her in and shut the door behind us.

She followed behind me as she let me pull her in the direction of where we walked with her other hand at the edge of my waist. When we got into the kitchen she spun me around and smiled at me before cupping my face and brushing my braids out of my face.

"You look so beautiful." She muttered as her lips teasingly brushed against mine but never fully leaned in for a full and committed kiss.

I leaned up to feel the touch of her lips but she only backed away and teased me more. She then smiled with her lips still brushing softly against mine. A moment later, she leaned over and slowly kissed my cheek once again before leaning back and rubbing her thumb against my cheek.

"So fucking beautiful." She muttered before turning over towards the oven, "and whatever you're making smells good."

I rolled my eyes before walking over to the oven and checking to see if it was done. As I did so, she excused herself and said that she needed to use the bathroom.

Was I happy with her presence? Hell yes. Was I happy with her teasing me and not even getting a proper kiss? No. Maybe I deserve it a little. I mean, come on, I had her on her knees in front of most of the school and probably left her embarrassed. It was best she made me work for it and boy was I going to.

I turned back over to my apple as I took out another for her and I began to cut it. Maybe I was blinded by trying to cut these apples or maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I felt something grab me and I didn't hesitate to jump and grab the person's hand as I proceeded to hold the person against the wall with the knife against their throat.

I don't know why it was a shock to me but it was Rosalie that stood behind me. I couldn't be too careful with all the shit going on nowadays.

"You scared the shit out of me." I said as I still held her up.