CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

—Delilah Quinn—

The tension in the room was driving me insane. My head couldn't hold all this in. My skin felt like it was peeling into shreds as wet tears ran down my face. My throat itches from all that crying I was doing. This couldn't be my life now. This couldn't be the future of me, my future kids, my future life, (if that even exists then and there).

I looked around and I could see blood everywhere as Alona slouched down next to me with tears pouring out her eyes. She looked worse than me, she was drenched in blood and sweat from head to toe. Her leg was cut open and she had bruises all over her face.

Comforting her was the first thing on my mind but then I heard sirens from cop cars outside. It was either stay here and sob, cry and risk jeopardizing the company that our ancestors built and risk getting everything killed or save ourselves and every other family in this industry.

I chose to do the right thing, like always, I wanted to do the right thing. I leaned down and grabbed Alona's arm to bring her in the direction of the exit Lucas warned us about.

She snatched my hands off her before she dropped down by the body she sobbed over. I know it pained her to see her former lover there dead but it was all Oliver's fault. There was nothing we could do about this until he was either dead and gone or in a jail cell. Even sitting in a jail cell, he would make my life a living hell.

"I love you so much." Alona sobbed out before she placed a kiss on the dead body's forehead.

My heart stung for her. I didn't want this for Alona, she deserved better, she needed better. But sympathy wouldn't be tolerated right about now. We needed to get out of here before we got ourselves into deeper troubles.

"Alona let's go." I said before, grabbed her arm once again and this time pulled her in the direction of the exit.

She followed as she sobbed the more we left the sight of the body. She isn't going to be able to sleep for weeks. I wish the years could fly by fast now. The faster this was over, the faster we could go back to our lives.

-

72 HOURS PRIOR

"So, now that we know who this guy is, What are we going to do about it?" Lucas asked as he looked at us worriedly,

"We are going to go to my mother and she can help us with what to do." I assured them,

OJ looked at me weirdly as he always did before sighing. He definitely had something to say, it was just whether I cared to hear it or not, I mean...everything he said had to be rude, or disrespectful. That's something I didn't necessarily care for right now.

"That's a terrible idea." Rosalie spoke up, as she walked into the living room to join the others and I.

I scoffed, "No it's not."

"You're right." She muttered before sitting down on the couch closest to me.

Alona grinned before crossing her arms and standing up from the couch. She then looked from Rosalie and I before her grin turned into a smile; a smile that I was too familiar with.

"Gosh she's whipped, I need you to get your act together, Rosalie. That's a terrible idea, Lilah. We go telling your parents then we risk putting all of ours in danger including yours." She explained

"If we don't then we are putting our lives at risk. If we put our lives at risk then there's no telling how long until it's one of our siblings and then our parents. We need to do something and sitting around here discussing it won't work." I explained to them.

They all sat back and worry spreaded throughout their faces. I could tell that they were finally realizing what I had realized. If they didn't know what to do...then I had an idea of who might.