CHAPTER FIVE

—Delilah Quinn—

During the car ride I was quiet. I couldn't handle sitting here without thinking about the possible things that could be going on. I wouldn't say my aunt Cora was distant or that she never came around because she did. It's just that it was rare for her to pick us up for school and not tell us what's going on... that led to so many thoughts that weren't good for an overthinker; the overthinker being me.

The whole car ride, Lucas, Oliver and Alona asked my aunt questions about what was going to happen and where they were going. My aunt gave short answers like 'You'll see' or 'Stop worrying'.

Growing up I learned to worry. I had to worry because there was no telling what day or how my mothers life would be taken. They put themselves in danger that they knew they shouldn't. A part of me saw them as selfish because of it. I mean, I would never go on trips that I know could get me killed and risk my life knowing my children could end up orphans. It's bad enough that they're only home once and a while.

I wanted those thoughts to go away. I wanted them to disappear and never reappear in my mind ever again. Now all I could think about was my siblings. Where were they? Were they scared? Was this secret getaway because of them? My heart didn't settle well at the thought.

  "We are here." My aunt announced.

My eyes drifted outside of the window and at the Cabin. It was my family Cabin. I hadn't been here since I was 8. I remembered it very easily seeing as it was the worst experience of my life. When I was here, My mom was away on an assassin mission and my momma was here pregnant with the twins.

We stayed here for months at a time because with my momma pregnant again, and my mom, Rorey, always had people out for us. She was the number one wanted woman. It was either by men, who wanted to kill her, or by women who wanted much more than a drink with her.

If I wasn't scared for my life right now, I would applaud my mom for being such a woman magnet. I even wished to take after her, but like I said, this wasn't the time for that.

  "What are we doing here?" Alona spoke up as we got out of the car.

Lucas slammed the door shut making me jump at the sound as Oliver snickered. He always knew how to piss me off. Maybe it was just in his blood seeing who his father was.

  "Follow me and don't touch anything." My aunt says,

We did as we were told. Alona stood next to me for the most part. Oliver and Lucas stood by each other as they seemed to not be as scared as Alona and I. I expected this from Oliver not Lucas.

The inside of the cabin was smaller than it was the last time I was here, but then again, I was 8 and much smaller than now, it was different. The painting on the inside was no longer brown. It was homey. It smelled like hot chocolate and was warm like a blanket was snuggling you.

When we reached the living room, we were caught in the eye of a guest. This was very surprising but then again, I should have expected this.

  "Hello baby cousins, and baby cousins friends. It's lovely to see you again," He said

Oliver jr grinned before looking over towards me. If I knew anything about the BMMC, then I knew this meetup wasn't going to go so well. Especially if Tj was in on this.