CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

—Rosalie Cartier—

Standing in front of Delilah's door was a stupid idea. It was crazy, it wasn't even something I would find myself doing ever in life. I mean, it was dumb and stupid sure but Delilah would never take me seriously if I told her the real reason I needed to be here.

"I'm getting tired of you, Cartier." She says as she crosses her arms,

I could tell she was lying but I didn't say anything towards the comment she just made. Intead, I limped into the place and was met with the smile of my cousin. That was new. She never smiled at me and with the recent events of her girlfriend in a coma, I wouldn't think she would be smiling at me.

"I need to stay the night." I assured her,

"The answer is no." She says without giving a thought to it.

I glanced over my shoulder and at her weirdly. She said no? That was the first. I mean, sure she was entitled to say no and do anything she wanted but that wasn't like her. She was more sweet and understanding. Her heart was as kind and delicate as a baby duck.

She was the type of person that would pick up a fly and willingly let it free instead of killing it and she was saying no? To something that I have already done before. I mean, it's been years since I've done so but still.

"No?" I asked curiously,

Alona hopped off of the chair stool and gave me a smile of 'good luck' and then walked into the living room. If she was leaving then it probably was about to get pretty bad.

"Rose, I wait around a lot. You tell me to do something for you, then I do it. I stayed with you in the hospital because you wanted me to. I could have gone to check up on my friend but instead I was with you. Someone that swears they hate me but then want me around whenever they feel like it? Rosalie, I'm tired. I'm tired of putting in effort for a friendship that you don't even want. So, no you can't stay here with me and no you can't be around me." She ranted on with nothing but seriousness in her voice.

She was being serious right now...She really didn't want me around. To anyone else this wouldn't be a surprise because everyone hates me but not Delilah. Not her at all. She was always around for me and there for me whenever I needed her.

It was as if there was a light of realization that hit me. No matter how much her words hurt, she was right. I was using her in some sort of way and I didn't even realize it. Hell, I don't even realize where I'm at sometimes, it was probably because the blackouts were coming back. I really needed to talk to a therapist about these again.

"Delilah?" I asked as she looked at me; bored.

She was bored of me? I knew this day would come and boy was I not ready for it to be today. My stupid heart couldn't take it and I had no idea why, I was a strong girl, I should be able to let this pass like a ocean wave.

"Do you like me?" I asked her

I couldn't tell why the words came up as they did but it was now a question up for discussion. The facial expressions on her face made me a little scared. She looked like she was judging me; maybe disgusted. She then shook her head.

"Not as of this moment. Maybe when I cool off-"

"Do you like me, romantically? I mean." I gulped,