CHAPTER SEVEN

—Delilah Quinn—

Yesterday felt like a fever dream. I didn't expect my day to turn out like that and then the turns and twist that appeared through out my day was a drama tv show.

When we got sent home yesterday, nobody spoke a word. Nobody was up for the whole thing if we all were getting honest.

I had to clear my head and find out what was left for me in this world. Was I going to succeed in following after my mother or was I going to be the first to die in the lines of Quinn's.

It was hard to tell when I had no one here to comfort me and tell me things were going to be alright.

Just my overthinking and unsettling thoughts. Just me in this world alone.

I had to think about what was going to happen with my siblings. How was I supposed to act at school? Was I supposed to wait around for the first mission or was it going to come to me?

Did I need to learn how to shoot a gun or was I supposed to already know how to? I didn't know what to think at all.

I blamed my mothers for giving me the overthinking gene. My head never stopped talking back to me with different scenarios.

Maybe I should stay home today. Take the day off from life and find out what I am for myself. Come up with the best decision to make that won't be selfish to myself or others.

The thought was amazing but I knew I couldn't do that. I knew I had to get up and take my siblings to school and I couldn't be lazy and put myself first. I couldn't ever put myself first or I was selfish.

"CARTER! AVERY! GET UP FOR SCHOOL!" I yelled before slipping on my slippers.

My nose was filled with the smell of pancakes. Why the hell did I smell pancakes?

I rushed down the stairs as I was caught in eyes of my twin siblings. They smiled at me; genuinely with pancakes stuffed into their mouths.

When I walked more into the kitchen, I saw both of my mothers there drinking coffee.

Everything felt like a real dream right about now. There was no way that this was real. Maybe I was dreaming.

"Good morning Lilah, how'd you sleep?" My mom asked me,

"I slept good, when did you two get back?" I asked them,

My mothers exchanged looks before my momma set down her coffee,

"We got back last night, you were sleep. We also have good news." She started as she looked over at my mom for help.

"They are considering letting us take off of the whole company thing. I heard they found someone to take over the whole thing." My mom says happily,

Yeah, yesterday definitely wasn't a fever dream. I was going to die.

Before I could speak up and talk to my mothers, the house door opened and Alona ran in and jumped onto me.

She was very excited. It made my heart jump for joy. I loved when she was happy.

  "My moms back! My moms back!" Alona squealed as she jumped around.