CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

—Delilah Quinn—

Sitting in class was always so boring. I watched as the time passed but it went so slow. I couldn't help but to think of the taste of Shrimp-Alfredo right now. Gosh was I hungry. I hadn't had any lunch or even breakfast today. The thought of me eating made me want to vomit but weirdly enough, I was starving.

Before I could go on and on about the image of Shrimp-Alfredo playing in my head, my thoughts were interrupted when Rosalie walked; or let's say hopped up to me with a cast on her foot as she sat down next to me.

Of course she didn't care that she interrupted the class. It was Rosalie after all, she didn't care much about anything. Quite frankly I was even surprised that she stayed in the hospital for all that time that she was supposed to. Knowing her, she would have broken out.

"Hey, Pretty. So, I got rid of the crunches and I'm still up for that date." She whispered to me,

I shrugged before taking the top off my pen and began to write down the words my teacher suggested to us. If I entertained her then she wouldn't go away. If I talked to her and gave her the satisfaction that she wanted then I could risk getting myself into trouble with her.

Being the good girl that I am, I preferred to just ignore her and wait until after school. Of course like I said, I preferred it. That's not exactly what happened. When I didn't answer her, she kept poking me in my side with her index finger.

"Can we talk about this outside of school? I'm trying to pay attention to this class so I won't fail, unlike you." I pointed out,

I could see her lean down from the corner of my eyes as she gave me a frown. She then raised her hand up to my chin and turned me to face her.

"Date. You and I. At 8." She assured,

I looked over towards the teacher to see if I wasn't the only one seeing this but the teacher wasn't even in the room. Since when did she leave? And since when was Rosalie like this? I couldn't blame it on alcohol because she would have been kicked out of school if she did drink.

"I have siblings to watch tonight. I can't." I assured her,

"I knew you would say that, and that's why it's taken care of, Alona said she'd watch them for as long as we want but we better be back in time for school, I don't plan on having you out all night anyways." She winked at me,

I turned away from her as I continued to write in my notebook with a sigh leaving my lips. Maybe she really is trying this time. It was a surprise to me but so was everything she did in life, always a mystery and never knew what's going on in her head. That's why I was a little scared considering I don't know if she's joking or serious about what she says when it comes down to us.

"If you don't say yes I'll tell everyone in this class that you're my girlfriend so they could stay away from you. And you will not have a date for prom." She threatens,

"But it's not true and for some reason, I don't believe you." I spoke the truth,

She challenged me with a smirk before she seemed to be standing up. I grabbed her arm to make sure she sat down softly enough not to hurt her. I didn't want to take any chances.

"7 pm, no later, no earlier." I said before turning back to my paper.

I already knew she had a grin on her face so I wasn't surprised when she didn't say anything else. The typical Cartier grin. If I was being honest with myself, it was a very attractive look on her face, but I couldn't tell her that. It would boost up her ego and that was already too big for her own good.