CHAPTER NINE

— Delilah Quinn—

  "I have nothing to say to you, nor will I say it." Rosalie says before she tries to make an exit.

I stopped her and I tilted my head. Even if she tried to make a run for it, she couldn't go far. I had the keys and the door was locked. Only way out was through the window but it would take a lot to get out in one shot.

  "Who are you working for?" I asked her at once.

  "Just leave me alone, Quinn. Why don't you go and bother your boyfriend." She says as she tries to push past me.

I turn around just as she did and I push her back against the door as I hold her still. She groaned and I immediately let her go.

  "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I asked worriedly,

She rolled her eyes and pushed herself up from the door.

  "You aren't cut out for this. You need to leave while you can. Oliver isn't who you want to stand by." She says as she takes a step closer towering over me.

  "What did..." My voice closes in my throat, "What did he do to you? Why are you putting yourself in danger?" I asked,

  "I could ask you the same question. You're putting yourself under the risk and you could risk so much but you choose to be dumb and you choose to play the game."

At every word, she stepped forward. I felt closed and I felt like the oxygen was hard to breathe in.

  "The game chose me. I didn't choose it." I assured her,

  "Is that so?" She asked tilting her head and stopping when my hands and back meet the presence of the wall.

The school bell rang and I finally let out a breath. She just stared at me. Her eyes moving up and down; examining every feature of me.

  "You need to pack your bags and leave. Leave before it gets messy before I'm on that field, I won't even recognize who I am."

  "What do you want?" I asked her,

There had to be some reason for her to be doing all of this. She had to have a motive.

Growing up she wasn't like this at all. I could say that maybe it was because of her father's death but he died when she was a couple months old.

Something recently affected her and I needed to know before she got out of hand and put herself in danger that she doesn't need.

  "I want you to get the hell out of here. Do something with your life, Gateway isn't the place for you."

  "We barely know each other; considering how you shut me out, and you want me to believe a word you say?" I snorted, "Well, aren't you cute."

  "I'm glad you think so. Let's just hope there's no strings attached to that." She leaned against the wall.

It was weird seeing her like this. The head tilts, the smirks, the grinning, the leaning against the wall.

This all made me feel things. Unholy things and I told myself that I was just going to go for Joshua.

I told Alona that things weren't going to be good with Rosalie and I, and I meant that.