CHAPTER SIXTEEN

—Rosalie Cartier—

  "So, why the hell are you lying? How do you know it was him?" She asked me,

  "I tell you a secret for a secret." I tried bargaining with her,

I then looked around to see if there was anyone near before grabbing her hand and bringing her to the nearest bathroom.

I closed the door behind us and then I turned to face her. If I was going to trade a secret for a secret then I couldn't let anyone else know.

  "So, do we have a deal?" I asked her,

  She scoffed, "A deal? Rosalie, you made me lie to my best friend and I don't think I've ever done that."

  "I didn't make you do anything. You're the one that put yourself underneath those circumstances. I was going to cover up everything in my own way." I explained to her,

She groaned before she pinched the bridge of her nose. I was stressing her out a lot. I kind of enjoyed it.

  "How do you know, Andrew?" She asked me once again,

  "I'll tell you if you tell me something. A secret for a secret." I assured her before crossing my arms.

  "My middle name is Armani, now get on with the question." She spat out.

  "I already know your middle name. That's no secret. Tell me something that I don't know. Like your deepest desires for me?"

She scoffed before she chuckled a bit as if I was telling a joke. She started to play with her bracelet letting me know she nervous.

"I don't have any deep desires for you."

"So what? I'm supposed to keep gaslighting myself into believing that you're straight?"

She raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms. She looked like she was on the verge of laughing.

"Rosalie, I've never said I was straight. I just said I don't have desires for you. You didn't want me to even be your friend, remember?"

"I don't want to be your friend, Quinn. Why would I agree to something I don't want?" I asked as I leaned against the door.

  "What's hard about being my friend? I'm nice, I'm supportive, I'll have your back through anything." She assured me,

  "Everyone that's close to me always ends up hurt. You see my birth mother doesn't even want me and my father escaped me all in existence. Walking on the same earth as me was enough for him to just leave me forever." I ranted on to her.

She looked at me as if she was sad. I could tell she wanted to say something to me but she hadn't seemed to say it.

A wave of a comfortable silence fell between us and my heart fluttered at the feeling of her arm sliding slightly against mine.

She looked at me like a deer in headlights before stepping back to give me some space. She was so cute.

"My mother...birth mother, Maya. She's the reason I know about Andrew."