CHAPTER FOUR

—Delilah Quinn—

Monday morning I woke up to the sound of eagerly aggravating children. Those children happened to be my siblings. They were overly hyped for whatever reason but it was way too early for all of this. I knew it and I could bet 50 bucks that they knew it.

I groaned before getting up from my bed. I slipped on my slippers as I yawned; standing in the same spot I was in from the start. When I looked over towards my left I could see Alona was still here. She hadn't moved from my bed ever since hearing the 'news' of her parents.

I wasn't judging her or anything because I knew if I had one of my mother's missing and the other unconscious for who knows how long, I would be devastated. I wouldn't be able to eat for weeks or probably move. My mother's were the best part of life. They made it worth living and that's what I valued the most but staying at someone else's house without showering? That had been the ultimate level of self disrespect.

When I got up I tossed over the pillow towards Alona as she groaned and almost fell off the bed. I grinned before walking out of my room and over towards my brother's room first. With the twins, they were so unpredictable, but Avery...we shared the same mind. If I went to tell her to get ready first then there was no telling how long she would take getting ready.

As for my brother... he wasn't too big on hygiene which he must have gotten from his donor father because there was no one in the house that enjoyed musk like him. It was disgusting.

I knocked at the door to give him a chance to open it and not intrude. There was no answer which made me question what he was in that room doing more. It wasn't until I heard a loud noise that I just let myself in.

My eyes wandered around the room seeing dirty dish bowls and he was in his pjs playing whatever online game my mother had brought him. It smelt like feet in here.

He had a good 30 minutes to get ready and most of it needed to be towards the shower. I already knew I was going to have a hard time with getting him in there and hoping to keep him from getting out.

I don't know how my mother manages to even maintain them. They're both hard headed and they have ADHD. Two 8 year old's with ADHD? My mothers had to be miracle workers or something.

Carter's eyes slowly turned over to meet mine as he knew he was caught. I shook my head as he smiled nervously.

  "Okay, get in the shower. I'll clean this room and you better be as clean as possible when you get out." I told him as I started to pick up his dirty clothes.

He jumped off the bed as he held his headphones towards his ears,

  "Later guys, I'm going to school." He says before turning off his game and running over to his closet to pick out his outfit.

Something told me that he was up all night. To say I was surprised? I couldn't. My siblings always took advantage when I was in charge.

I couldn't blame them. If I had an older sibling, I would take advantage too.

As he was getting ready and I was cleaning his room, Alona walked up towards the door frame as she yawned and stretched. She still had messy bed hair and my mother's button up work shirt on.

If anyone says this...they would be thinking quite the opposite of what happened.

  "You are supposed to be in the shower. You use my shower while Carter uses the shower from the bathroom for everyone and then when you're done I could take one." I said, stressing as I paced back and forth to clean his room.

This was like a zoo here. Everytime I turned around there was more and more dirty clothes and trash. It's like the cleaning would never end.

Alona sighed before pulling me into a hug and resting her head on my shoulder. She then patted my back as if I was a baby trying to cure my hiccups.