CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

—Delilah Quinn—

A week or so passed and I hadn't been able to sleep, eat, or even for the most part talk. My mind has been flooded with so many things to the point where my mind was drowning with unbelievable thoughts that I couldn't even begin to imagine myself ever thinking about.

After witnessing a death, I couldn't believe that I had been in the same felicity as someone who died. I felt like it was my fault for the most part considering I was part of the reason he died. If I would have just found him fast and first before this mystery killing machine then he would be alive.

The feeling in my stomach was unsettling and to make matters worse, my mothers had to go out again. They said that the whole putting myself into danger thing was getting out of hand. They said that we weren't allowed to take any orders from Oliver and they both will be doing all the killing, and saving.

Not that I wanted to put any more of my friends in danger considering Autumn had to go through severe surgery and we still haven't heard back from her, or her parents. Like I said, it was unfair for her and now this whole BMMC thing was taking a toll on her family's life. 

I didn't know how much more I could take of this before I went to the police telling them everything. But then I had to think about it. Oliver didn't really go killing anyone, or at least there's no proof and he made my mom, aunts, and uncles do all the work meaning there was nothing that led back to him.

And the same pattern continues. Oliver had the rope on our necks and it was because of our parents that he even got to the rope in the first place. They let him willingly hold the rope to our throats.

  "Ms. Quinn, I would really appreciate it if you paid attention to my class. Your grades would look much better if you did."

I looked up to see my math teacher standing right in front of me. Usually I would make a snarky and sassy come back but I wasn't in the mood for any of that. My mind was so flooded with the whole BMMC thing that I haven't even been able to think without my brain frying.

The smile on my face, including a small nod made my teacher go away. I looked over towards my right to see Alona sending me a comforting smile. I could tell that she wasn't as stable as I was but she was holding it all together.

We haven't even been able to speak to each other since then. She's been worried about Autumn a lot and so have I but Rosalie was also in the hospital suffering from severe injuries and I had to worry about that also.

Though Rosalie had just got released from the hospital yesterday, today was Autumn's day. I was going to go and check up on her in the hospital and see if she woke up from the coma that Oliver put her in. That's more of the reason why I haven't visited her. I felt guilty knowing that Oliver was all behind this and I couldn't help her at all. I couldn't even go and talk to someone about it.

I tried pushing the thoughts out of my head and tried to just focus on the now and nothing more but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do so.

-

After classes, I was making my way back to my house so I could take my siblings over towards my aunt's and then make my way to check up on Autumn. This was going to be a little hard seeing as my parents told me not to leave the house and go anywhere outrageous but I didn't think checking up on autumn would be outrageous. I mean she was a friend of mine and the family.