CHAPTER TWO

—Delilah Quinn—

Arriving home was the easiest part of my day. I just had to get ready for a shower, order some food for the night, and then relax with Alona for the rest of the time being.

When I got there, my little brother was there in the living room with 2 of his friends; Arlo Monreal and Samuel Cartier.

Samuel was Rosalie's little brother, he was a hot head, I'd say they had the same shirt tempter.

My brother, Carter, looked over towards me and smiled before turning the tv off before deciding to run over to hug Alona and I.

This was a daily tradition for my brother and I. Our parents made sure we maintained a great sibling-relationship because of the way our mother's siblings treated them; well, besides my auntie Blair, she was was coolest of them all.

"How was your day at school, Carter?" I asked him as he pulled away from the hug.

I placed my bag down as Alona placed her jacket on the coat rack. She seemed a little bored at the interaction but I know she would never fully say it.

Carter glanced over towards his friends as Samuel seemed to snicker at how affectionate my brother was being towards me. I glared at him before his eyes widened and he turned away like the sissies he was.

I hope he wasn't bullying my brother because a word with his sister was already on my bucket list.

"Sammy! Stop acting like you don't have any sense, or I'll tattle to your mom." Alona says before Carter looked at her and gave her a huge smile. He looked at me as his smile faded a little.

My brother knew I hated when he hung around such bullies but there was nothing I could really say about that. He'll just have to learn that for himself.

  "CARTER? DID YOUR SISTERS ARRIVE YET?"

I heard my mother yell from the kitchen. She must have been stress baking. That's what she always did when her book publishing—and writing—didn't go so well.

  "I'M HERE MOM!" I yelled before I walked into the kitchen with Alona following right after me.

I sat at the counter chairs as Alona sat next to me with her phone in her hands. My best guess was that she was texting her new boyfriend she had recently got.

My opinion on the two? She could do much better; but as her best friend I was here to support her and her activities. If a bum was what she wanted to marry then I guess that'll have to do.

All I knew was that my nieces and nephews will be taken much cared for.

  "Good afternoon, Auntie Gen." Alona says as she placed her phone down and smiled towards my mother.

Although we weren't blood related, Alona always felt like a sister to me. I would say like the sister I've never had but that would be a lie.

I rolled my eyes at Alona before getting up to get me a water. That was the only thing that was going to save me from the rest of this afternoon.

  "Good afternoon, Lonie. How's your mother's doing? I heard Andrea is taking the big lead for the BMMC CEO again."

My mother took a tray of cookies out of the oven before placing them down right in front of Alona and I.